Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your unpopular boxing opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it's time, I might get destroyed for this, but I think Joe Louis is quite overrated. I also agree with Pacquiao getting the decisions in the second and third fights with Marquez, and I think he won the first fight as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaron.king View Post
      Yes, absolutely agree. Why anybody ever ranks him ahead of Tunney is beyond me. Tunney was clearly superior, but Dempsey was a star.

Among my other unpopular opinions:

As much as I love JMM, he didn't get robbed in any of the Pacquiao fights.

Broner won't be able to cut it against top opposition at 147.

Call me absolutely crazy, but I'm still having a hard time buying Danny Garcia. He's a real fighter, a real champion, and tough as nails, no doubt. I give him credit. But I still think Khan takes him in a return bout.

Ricardo Lopez is the greatest Mexican fighter of all time.

Ricardo Lopez had as complete a skill set as anyone in boxing history, on par with SRR.

Pacquiao's style still creates all sorts of problems for Mayweather. In the unlikely event that the fight ever occurs, it will be extremely competitive. At worst, Pac would be a great value pick.

Pavlik-Taylor I ought to be placed in the pantheon of the greatest fights ever.

Harry Greb was great, but terribly overrated by most. He belongs somewhere behind Barney Ross and Sandy Saddler, roughly that neck of the woods.
      wow those might be unpopular opinions somewhere but not in my world you were reading my mind
      Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      WOW...had Finito moved up and beaten the likes of Chiquita and Carbajal, that argument might have more legs
      I agree with this the three of them are all in my top ten personal favorites and would have been an awesome round robin

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        as a kid, all i wanted to know was if Finito could handle Carbajal's power and Chiquita's relentlessness...shame it never happened...it would have further stamped an ATG career
        For sure. That could have been an era-defining series of fights. The Carbajal-Chiquita fights were, as it is. God ... I'm getting a pit in my stomach just thinking about the fact that they were only three pounds apart.

Comment

For sure. That could have been an era-defining series of fights. The Carbajal-Chiquita fights were, as it is. God ... I'm getting a pit in my stomach just thinking about the fact that they were only three pounds apart.
          the only problem is three pounds go's a long long ways at that weight I think all of them win at least once against the others in trilogies

Comment

• Originally posted by violaandme View Post
            the only problem is three pounds go's a long long ways at that weight I think all of them win at least once against the others in trilogies
            Right. I say "only three pounds" but of course that's about 2.8% of their body weight. Just thinking of the three of them combining for nine fights ... man, that would have been amazing.

Comment

Right. I say "only three pounds" but of course that's about 2.8% of their body weight. Just thinking of the three of them combining for nine fights ... man, that would have been amazing.
              I know we had three of the 9 I am only 37 but six more might have been to much for my heart to have taken

Comment

• Bump.........

Comment

• Mosley exposed Pacquiao and killed the Mayweather fight

Cotto is pretty much one handed, doesn't get a reputation for it lord knows why

Rios would look great if he fought Matthysse or Maidana (I'd pick him to win).

Cotto-Trout was actually a close fight

Comment

• I think most "all time greats" are hysterically overrated and would get slapped around by modern fighters.

V<<< Hence my zero
                    Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-29-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• I don't think Chavez-Whitaker was a robbery. I scored it for Whitaker 7-5 but had no problem with fight being a draw

Comment

Working...
                      X