Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People say Pacquaio is losing it, but is it more the styles than anything else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People say Pacquaio is losing it, but is it more the styles than anything else?

Pacquaio wsa fighting come forward guys like Clottey, Margarito, Hatton, even Cotto and Oscar used a come forward pressure gameplan. The only time in the last few years hes fought a guy on the back foot was Marquez and he gave he problems everytime and Bradley who give him big problems in the last 3rounds(but lost every other round), I dont know how much it is to do with Pacquaios slipping and more the styles.

Put Pacquaio in there with a guy like Angulo or Maidana and you will see he's still the best at dealing with those styles, but styles make fights

I don't think hes slipping too much. He might start now that he got ko'd but i think he'll be good. or at least competitive

Comment

If he was losing every round...im talking about getting beat up...not losing or winning close rounds...and got KOd...that would be different. He got caught caught by a great shot by on of if not the best counter puncher in the game. Whom was willing to get KOd to try to land that shot. Thats not slipping. Thats Boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
        Pacquaio wsa fighting come forward guys like Clottey, Margarito, Hatton, even Cotto and Oscar used a come forward pressure gameplan. The only time in the last few years hes fought a guy on the back foot was Marquez and he gave he problems everytime and Bradley who give him big problems in the last 3rounds(but lost every other round), I dont know how much it is to do with Pacquaios slipping and more the styles.

Put Pacquaio in there with a guy like Angulo or Maidana and you will see he's still the best at dealing with those styles, but styles make fights
        He's losing it dude every fighter with age, brutal bouts loses it. You also got to think about it he turned Pro at 16 most who turn Pro at this age are done by 28

Comment

Tuff hard fought fights, a pressure fighter (they burn out earlier than other styles), and 70 pro bouts fighting good competition through the weight classes! His career has NOT been a cake walk! Lots of tuff decisions to be made. Ray

Comment

put him in there with someone like Rios and he'll look unstoppable again

Comment

its his style thats def causing him to lose it faster than someone like mayweather cause he just takes more damage in a fight besides the fact hes been in so many wars too which also is probably because of his style. but that style ages a fighter faster if thats what you mean

Comment

Manny's technique is a very simple one. Its probably the most easiest style to adopt. It was effective because he was stupendously fast. The speed is what changed hence the ability for the opponent now to counter. I expect to see him get KO'd again if he continues to fight.

Comment

It is a combination of his fading physical attributes as well as skillful matchmaking. I've always thought his run over 130 has been more a sideshow than anything else.

Comment

Put him in there with Angulo?? Wow, do like seeing Pacman go to sleep in the middle of a fight??

Comment

Working...
                    X