No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBAbsolute Nonsense: Povetkin Slams Silly Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBAbsolute Nonsense: Povetkin Slams Silly Mandatory

In a mandatory defense that appeared ridiculous from signing, 33-year old WBA Heavyweight titlist Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17 KO) of Chekhov, Russia, a distinction without much meaning in a Heavyweight division where Wladimir Klitschko also has a WBA belt, made his third title defense with a second-round stoppage of 40-year old former lineal World Heavyweight Champion and former WBC titlist Hasim Rahman (50-8-2, 41 KO) on Saturday night at the Sporthalle, Alsterdorf, Hamburg, Germany.

It was Povetkin’s first fight under the tutelage of Hall of Fame former Jr. Welterweight king Kostya Tszyu but it will take real opposition to gauge the merits of the marriage. It is at least off to a winning start.

Povetkin came into the bout at 229 lbs., a quarter pound lighter than in his controversial points win over Cruiserweight titlist Marco Huck in February of this year. Rahman scaled 256 lbs., 32 pounds lighter than is his last bout but 22 pounds more than when he defeated Lennox Lewis for the Heavyweight title in 2001. [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think I've ever heard a heavyweight use the excuse of 'feeling dehydrated'.

And what's up with his talk of fighting someone in the top 5? He looked terrible and was taking a beating, does he need to take a harder beating to convince himself he needs to quit?

Comment

When is Sasha gonna step fight and fight Wlad?

Comment

No mention of Klychko having the RING and IBO belts?

Comment

Guy's like a bad joke that just won't go away.I'm not even that interested in him fighting Wlad because I don't rate Povetkin much at all.But Wlad's at a stage where he's sealing his legacy,and Povetkin is one of the more notable names missing from his resume.Pulev,potbelly Povetkin and possibly Price and then he can retire as one of the truly great heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            No mention of Klychko having the RING and IBO belts?
            Wlad is the lineal Champion; no need to mention Ring. I list it in the site ratings. I don't ever mention the IBO for anyone. I don't mention anything beyond the big four. It's just one too many.

Comment

Hey Rock i heard Evander is looking for a fight ..lol

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                Guy's like a bad joke that just won't go away.I'm not even that interested in him fighting Wlad because I don't rate Povetkin much at all.But Wlad's at a stage where he's sealing his legacy,and Povetkin is one of the more notable names missing from his resume.Pulev,potbelly Povetkin and possibly Price and then he can retire as one of the truly great heavyweights.
                If Wlad fights and beats the names you mentioned in the coming 12-18 months he could be a true ATG, because he would have LITERALLY cleared out the whole division.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  Wlad is the lineal Champion; no need to mention Ring. I list it in the site ratings. I don't ever mention the IBO for anyone. I don't mention anything beyond the big four. It's just one too many.
                  What do ya mean bro? The IBO, NFA, IGA, WBG, OGG, EGG, POP and ASS are all legitimate world title belts. Says it on their websites. Some dudes are like 10 time world champs and just because they haven't won one of these WBC, WBA type belts they don't get talked about. Jerry Bucksmith is the current ASS, EGG, IGA and OGG world champ. That's a 4 time world champ. That's better than Ali!

Comment

Wish Povetkin would man up and fight Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                    X