Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: Weight Was Breaking Point in Pacquiao Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Mayweather fight is Massive and a legit fight, Floyd is favoured heavy and he deserves to be. Its a two horse race as i see it though, Cotto has a good trainer with him, is accustomed to the weight which will suit him more than Floyd and is back to full confidence after stopping his last 3 opponents in title fights including exacting revenge on one of only two men to beat him Antonio Margarito - a proven cheater. Miguel has some tools in his arsenal that should give Floyd something to think about, The jab, ;physical strength, the body work, the ability to cut off the ring and what i see as the right blend of patience and fire

He has a CHANCE.

Especially with the jail sentence hanging over Floyd's head and the fact that Money has had only one fight at 154 and it was razor tight 5 years ago.

Cotto if u had to compare him to a fighter on Mayweather's record would be most like Oscar or Castillo imo and it just so happens that they are the two who ran him closest....

OBVIOUSLY Floyd has his own bag of tricks and problems but i will leave that for the next guy...

Diamond belt? Pfft! Pleeeease

What a crock of ***** that is

And for the record id have been Far happier with a Pac vs Cotto rematch as id actually be somewhat confident of a Cotto victory if it was at a fair weight ie 150+ but im glad he told Manny to get bent as at 147 the same thing happens again

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
      Mayweather can crack. He's not a Maidana type puncher, but he will hurt you with his punches and make u think twice. May CAN and WILL hurt Cotto.

Most people don't know **** about boxing homie

good assessment. He's going to tap Cotto's chin over and over again. Cotto has shown he can be wobbled throughout his career if you catch him clean on the button, and Floyd certainly will.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
        good assessment. He's going to tap Cotto's chin over and over again. Cotto has shown he can be wobbled throughout his career if you catch him clean on the button, and Floyd certainly will.
        As a Cotto fan im more worried about him busting up, he is a tough guy, hurting him and stopping him are two different things so i cant see Floyd stopping him unless its due to facial damage and the doc/ref steps in

Comment

• It wouldn't be a good idea to use another catchweight against Pacquiao and below the weight class he has been at for some time now. 150-152 would have been fine.

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather is not infallible. Even he makes mistakes sometimes. Cotto will tag him hard, same way Vic caught him in the 4th before the headbutt incident. Floyd can't take away Miguel's jab either, or his affinity for body shots. They're second nature to him. He's alot more disciplined than Pacquiao and I'd even wager he puts up a tougher fight because of it. Floyd will have an easy time landing rights around the second half of the fight if and when he starts dissecting Cotto, but something inside of me is saying don't rule him out.. we've seen a year crammed with upsets. I'm riding with Cotto. I have a funny feeling about this one.

Comment

Working...
            X