Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Koncz: Pacquiao vs. Mosley PPV is Going To Showtime!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm liking this. 24/7 sucks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
      real boxing fans don't give a fuck about this fight so they probably feel fine
      They carried Clottey and Margarito. He and Mosley do at least a million PPVs. That's $60M+ of revenue. Don't think HBO wanted to give that up. Wonder what Mr. Greenberg's take on the second bout of Mayweather-Pacquaio negotiations is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
        good for boxing. imagine if they did this for a fight that people actually care about
        your avatar is good for boxing too

Comment

Have any of you ever had a pretty girlfriend/wife that was good to you, but a pain in the ass. Then, you see a girl that appears to be perfect. Beautiful, smart, and isn't a pain in the ass. Then, the perfect girl turns around and leaves you for another guy. See HBO.

Comment

Wonder if this is Team Pacquaio's way of shielding Pac from real fights now that they're outta tomato cans that will be accepted by the public. Mayweather has been fighting on HBO for 15+ years. The Martinez-Bute talks quickly shutdown because Bute signed a multi-fight deal with Showtime and the middleweight champ's people said they'd only fight on HBO. I think all of JMM's major fights have been on HBO. HBO has a major investment in Berto. Not saying that's the reason, I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Wonder if this is Team Pacquaio's way of shielding Pac from real fights now that they're outta tomato cans that will be accepted by the public. Mayweather has been fighting on HBO for 15+ years. The Martinez-Bute talks quickly shutdown because Bute signed a multi-fight deal with Showtime and the middleweight champ's people said they'd only fight on HBO. I think all of JMM's major fights have been on HBO. HBO has a major investment in Berto. Not saying that's the reason, I'm just saying.
              to be honest, i just dont think hbo was ever interested in a pac/mosley fight after mosleys last two mediocre fights....hence team pac/arum headed to showtime. besides, it would be interesting to see how showtime will produce their version of 24/7 heading into the fight...change is good. even if its just for one fight.

i have a feeling that pacs next fight after mosley (providing that pac beats mosley), that pacs next opponant will be against someone that hbo will want to showcase.

Comment

Think about it. How could HBO promote this fight after the way the HBO commentators talked about Mosley while he was fighting Mayweather? And now a year later there gonna turn around and say Mosley is good again now that he's fighting Pac? And for those of you that think this is gonna be huge because of SHOtime. Just look at Strikeforce lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  This is what HBO gets for siding with GBP. Now the biggest cash cow and p4p king is fighting on Showtime? Anyways, this is great for boxing cuz now its back in the mainstream like when Ali was fighting.
                  HBO actually sided with Top Rank every chance they got. Floyd is the biggest cash cow in boxing. Pac would blush if he found out how much money Floyd made.

Comment

well thats all good and dandy but who gives a shiaaat about this fight?, not very many people goin to buy it, theres soo many that are purposley goin to pass on it due to the low quality one -step from retirement types pac fights excusivley.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                      showtime will promote this fight hard,Just to stick it to hbo.
                      HBO probably didn't see this one coming, they've become accustomed to fighters selling their souls for a spot on boxing after dark and they mess around and lose Pacquiao. I'm sure they will blame Mayweather/Oscar for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X