Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will/should Manny and Freddie's strategy be for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Problem I see Pac having against Floyd is actually getting in close to deliver a blow... the reason why is because of his reach disadvantage and Floyds timing... I can see Pac trying to go in and out with his combos and getting caught before he can get off... So then what would be Plan B???

Comment

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
      What will Roach and Manny’s game-plan (and possible plan B) be for Mayweather? What would you do in order to have Pacman fight the right fight? Keep in mind the southpaw-orthodox dynamics and how Pac’s offensive left and Mayweather’s defense and offensive right will play out in this context.

Roach before the Mosley-Mayweather fight:

“Mayweather makes some basic mistakes- like when he sticks his chin out and puts his hands down- but none of it matters because of his speed. He uses the shoulder roll a lot obviously. While he seems to use it more defensively than offensively, he really uses it as a trap: He’ll lure an opponent into thinking it’s only a defensive move, and that’s when he’ll roll and throw his right. It’s what he did to Oscar (De La Hoya) , and caught him a couple of times with that shot in the second half of the fight.”

Pacquiao and Roach in the Clottey post-fight interview:

Roach: “Well, Manny’s a little disappointed in Floyd and his accusations, he makes fun of him a little bit when we’re in the gym, and he shows me how he’d crush that defense. And we will crush him.”
      Pacquiao: “I think his style is not difficult style like Clottey, it’s easy to study…”

Thoughts?
      How was anything that Clottey did difficult? he just stood there. If they expect an easier fight then that their in for a rude awakenning.

Comment

• Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
        lol thats the truth and only *****s like u think he hurts mosley
        mosley was just bouncing back from all his punches i have never seen him daze and mosley getting out balance on his legs is just something we always see, its not coz floyd hurt him...
        MOSLEY age showed up on that fight... a fighter who got tire after throwing shots on 2nd round of the fight is just mean HIS AGED

lol i know alot about boxing i even know that u defend floyd like u always do coz u like to :blow:
        all im saying is there is a possibility that he can out box floyd coz of his speed and lots of punches that can make floyd on defensive mode all the time like clottey AND YOU and BURNER REACTED like a B!CHES LOL
        first of all pac has improved the right hand but only against fighters who are left handed dependant you following this...

marquez right handed
        diaz - left handed
        de la hoya left handed
        hatton left handed - left hook main weapon
        cotto left handed
        clottly right handed and did land flush when he let his hands go but was far too negative

against morales and marquez pac was outboxed but you seem to think pac can outbox the most gifted boxer of his generation????? really?????

pac has a chance mainly because floyd will have to adjust his defense for an aggressive south paw but someone has already mentioned that judah has spar frequently with slick boxers where pac seriously has trouble with them

floyd will make pac feel like the 8th rnd in marquez 2 fight where he had a face of design of wanting to quit without doubt floyd will hit pac with the straight right hand and left hook to the body also keep him on the defensive with the jab to the body and head also surprising with his leaping left hook

the only concern for me his the fact that mayweather wont be able to use the shoulder roll because of the south paw stance so will have to go with the high head guard!! but pac does have a rhythm and floyd will read it

also the other point his the fact that most fighters say they are gonna throw shed loads of punches but there punch count comes down to high 30s!!!

also i expect floyd to press pac with the jab and keep him on the back foot like marquez and morales did but without being so gung ho and aggressive doing it with intelligent aggressiveiness

floyd gets past the first 4 rounds without being hurt or knocked down and he wins any of these rounds he will get a wide ud floyd is too accurate and defensive for pacman

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
          make a gif of it because i didn't see it.
          Pay your dues. You owe me a mil.

Comment

• throw at different angles to floyd's body.. then throw that left at the top when u see an opening... manny can't 2nd guess himself... he needs to just throw

Comment

• Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
              throw at different angles to floyd's body.. then throw that left at the top when u see an opening... manny can't 2nd guess himself... he needs to just throw
              Playing into Floyds hands.

Comment

• This fight will never happen, so it doesn't matter!!!! Floyd won't let tihs fight happen!!!!!

Comment

• Ahuge advantage for Floyd is his reach advantage...5 inches...since pac doesnt jab much, if he allows Floyd to control the centre of the ring he is in for a long night.

I think Manny has to hurt Floyd early and unsettle him into making some uncharacteristic mistakes...if you watch the second round of the Mosley fight again, once he got hurt, he started throwing some wild looping punches, something he nvr normally does. Having said that, Flopyd showed great heart and determination to survive and did well to stay close in the last minute of the fight so mosley could get much power in his punches...

Freddie will have to work on Mannys inside game aswell, as Floyds most underrated aspect of his arsenal imo, is his ability to fight in 'the phoneboot'...Manny most effective punches are where he is mid range, able to throw those quick straight lefts and that right hook/straight punch him and freddie have been working on...so if he is to close or two far away he will not be effective...whoever controls the range wins this fight...

IMO, Floyd by decision. Manny will throw more but Floyd will be the more accurate

Comment

• for now... make Floyd agree & sign the contract...

Comment

• Originally posted by tanibanana View Post
                      for now... make Floyd agree & sign the contract...
                      They've got until Friday. I think it's unlikely

Comment

Working...
                      X