Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you believe in Christianity but not the Old Testament???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Can you believe in Christianity but not the Old Testament???

I'll probably get attacked or whatever but I don't care, I'm sorry but I find most of the Old Testament total bull****; especially Genesis. I solely believe in Jesus Christ as the savior and prophet as the son of God. That being said the New Testament is a much better representation of my faith. Can somebody clea this up......thanks!

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
    I'll probably get attacked or whatever but I don't care, I'm sorry but I find most of the Old Testament total bull****; especially Genesis. I solely believe in Jesus Christ as the savior and prophet as the son of God. That being said the New Testament is a much better representation of my faith. Can somebody clea this up......thanks!
    Don't some people think that the old testament is evil?
    Most of the religious people I know only follow the King James version, so yeah.

Comment

I think Jesus came to fulfill the old testament prophesy didnt he?

Wouldnt christianity not make any sense without the old testament?

Seems everyone, christian or otherwise, is free to interpret the bible as they wish. Take from it what u will, literal or not.

Comment

I agree. Old Testament is irrelevant. Its good to have a round for the archives but Catechism of the Catholic church is what you need to live your life.

I dont like to be associated with christians. Most live by the bible and you should not do it. I understand why they are made fun of.

Comment

Also the old testament is where just about all the material atheist use to make fun of the bible. Its full of contradictions and loads of wacky stuff.

Comment

Agreed. I believe that maybe Jesus fulfilled some of these prophecies or w/e but I don't give a **** what Ezekiel has to say about women and donkeys...I 99% go by anything during or after the life of Christ. IMO the Old Testament should be burned and thrown out as irrelevant

Comment

yeah man, same here. Here's the deal, In the Old testament that was pretty much "Before" Jesus Christ. The new Testament has Jesus walking walking the earth, came as "The Lamb of God", in other words to spread peace throughout the land, have people "repent". Acording to the second coming....Jesus is coming as the "Power and Glory"...no more Mr. Nice Guy!

I can understand your intake on the 'Ol Tes, after all If Adma & Eve were the first ones..how did thier children have children?? Incest. Still not convinced?? ok..

So God flooded the Earth, only Noah and his family survived. How did the Earth re-populate??? I'm gonna guess Incest. But in the New Testament, that is a sin. I commend you believing in Jesus, every scripture in the world, from the Koran, Bible, Buddist scriptures, Hebrew, and every religion in the world, acknowledges the existance of Jesus Christ.
              Last edited by guzi815; 08-02-2009, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guzi815 View Post
                yeah man, same here. Here's the deal, In the Old testament that was pretty much "Before" Jesus Christ. The new Testament has Jesus walking walking the earth, came as "The Lamb of God", in other words to spread peace throughout the land, have people "repent". Acording to the second coming....Jesus is coming as the "Power and Glory"...no more Mr. Nice Guy!

I can understand your intake on the 'Ol Tes, after all If Adma & Eve were the first ones..how did thier children have children?? Incest. Still not convinced?? ok..

So God flooded the Earth, only Noah and his family survived. How did the Earth re-populate??? I'm gonna guess Incest. But in the New Testament, that is a sin. I commend you believing in Jesus, every scripture in the world, from the Koran, Bible, Buddist scriptures, Hebrew, and every religion in the world, acknowledges the existance of Jesus Christ.
                Lol thanks...I also have a problem with the way some people believe the earth magically changed geography wise, and that people lived 400 years or whatever

Comment

Jeebus is a great role model. Imagine the compassion this world would see if more used him as their role model.

You can believe in exactly what you want, sir. You can have faith in just one page of the Bible if you feel that that's what's right for you.

The Old Testament is very negative, and so are the ten commandments.

If Jeebus actually lived, I highly doubt that he ran around screaming about Hell. I think that's an addition created afterwards and attributed to Jeebus.

Jeebus is actually lecturing much of the same stuff that Buddha did.

Comment

Lol thanks...I also have a problem with the way some people believe the earth magically changed geography wise, and that people lived 400 years or whatever
                    There are things that point to Earth going through a polar shift not too many thousands years ago.
                    Einstein believed another polar shift could happen, changing the poles by as much as 30 degrees in an instant.
                    This would change the world and its layout just like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X