No announcement yet.

Vernon Forrest: "There Will Be No Sergio Mora Trilogy"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Forrest: "There Will Be No Sergio Mora Trilogy"

The old saying goes "never say never in boxing," but WBC junior middleweight champion Vernon Forrest (41-3, 29KOs) says he will never fight Sergio Mora in a trilogy bout. Mora won a majority decision over Forrest in June. Two weeks ago in Las Vegas, Forrest returned fire with a strong showing to win a dominating unanimous decision in the rematch. Mora has come out in some circles, demanding a trilogy bout. [details]

He completely exposed mora in the second bout and nearly ko'd him. I really think if that was a younger forrest fighting, that he would have knocked Mora out early.

I'm reading the article now, but I just felt like saying that.

Comment

Forrest wasn't even close to KO'ing Mora in the last fight..... I'm actually a fan of Sergio but I dont want to see him fight Forrest again. Mora really blew the fight on the scales and shouldn't have any excuses.

Comment

Call out Paul Williams, too!

Comment

If Forrest were younger Mora would proberbly have been KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            The old saying goes "never say never in boxing," but WBC junior middleweight champion Vernon Forrest (41-3, 29KOs) says he will never fight Sergio Mora in a trilogy bout. Mora won a majority decision over Forrest in June. Two weeks ago in Las Vegas, Forrest returned fire with a strong showing to win a dominating unanimous decision in the rematch. Mora has come out in some circles, demanding a trilogy bout. [details]
            Mora wants the trilogy cuz there isn't any other fighter that can make him more money than Forrest. Forrest is too old to be wasting his time fighting a guy like Mora again. Forrest needs to look at taking over the lmw division because thats the best thing that he could accomplish at this point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by salsaking View Post
              Forrest wasn't even close to KO'ing Mora in the last fight..... I'm actually a fan of Sergio but I dont want to see him fight Forrest again. Mora really blew the fight on the scales and shouldn't have any excuses.
              Yes he almost knocked him out, I believe it was in two different rounds too....

Comment

I was ringside, there was a knockdown at the end of one of the rounds, other than that nowhere near a KO.

Comment

Thank god... no one wants to see it. Not even Mora's family.

Comment

I didn't see there first fight. But if Forrest fought like Mora did in there 2nd bout then Mora deserves a rematch. If Forrest put himself more out there then Mora did the 2nd time then no rematch.

But there was definetly something wrong with Mora he looked weak and gassed almost from the start of the fight. If Mora would have just thrown more he could have won the fight.

Forrest should try and unify. Before someone else takes his belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X