Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Matthysse vs. Garcia a let down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was only a letdown, because Danny has a granite chin.

People were expecting KDs, left and right, both men have ridiculous chins.

Loved it.

Comment

People say that Danny kept hitting low but Matthysse was constantly pulling his head down. When you throw a body shot and get yanked down at the same time it's going to stray low.
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 09-20-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

It did showcase two elite level fighters fighting their best....but overall there was no drama on the card whatsoever...

When grinding through the tough to watch with your casual boxing friends and family under card, I took the very opportunity just before Garcia/Matthesse to say "I guarantee there will be a knockout in this fight" as a way to let them know "the real top guys" are fighting next...they did enjoy the fight...but it lacked the drama, trading knockdowns and a stoppage that I expected

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          it became a letdown after Danny thumbed Lucas
          But he's a machine though, machines don't feel anything...

Comment

I meant to vote no, but LOL at the all people who are mad Danny didn't have a weak chin, hahahahahahahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              People say that Danny kept hitting low but Matthysse was constantly pulling his head down. When you throw a body shot and get yanked down at the same time it's going to stray low.
              There was exactly one time when I saw that happen. Please tell me where I can find even one more instance of the same thing happening. Garcia low blowed Matthysse many times without being pulled down. The last time was in the twelfth, when Danny hit Lucas dead on the nuts and Weeks finally deducted a point.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Of course he couldn't fight inside because he was being held anytime he tried.
                And that's precisely one of the things I liked about Garcia's performance. He fought smart. Danny created distance and used effective combinations. Lucas couldn't box with him. Every time Matthysse came in to brawl, Garcia tied him up. Not a good idea to trade with a bomber.

The final thirty seconds of the fight were blistering, and Danny got caught up in the frenzy. If you watch that finale, you see Garcia quit trading first and clinch just as the final bell sounded. Great ending to a terrific fight.

Comment

Working...
                X