Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Lampley Always Call a Left For manny in Exchanges Even When Opponent Lands..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Lampley is a complete ******. I really don't understand how these people are where they are, all these commentators, analysts etc know very little about the sport. They know basic things like what each stance is and what a right hand, jab etc is, but they don't know the specifics. How to break down styles, game plans, why a fighter throws a certain punch at a certain time etc.

These guys don't follow or study boxing, they just watch the big fights and call what they 'see', they're basically casual fans who've somehow conned their way to the top.

Comment

Lampley has been calling the sport for 35 years so really he should have picked up more.

To be fair though his job is not to talk to long time hardcore fans, his job is to attract casual fans fill them in on some basic stuff and the stuff HBO wants them to know.

Comment

Because he's never learned how to properly watch a fight. Sometimes it's his bias other times it's just him not seeing punches. He watches one fighter (usually his favorite fighter) instead of watching the space in between the two fighters which is how you're supposed to watch a fight.

Comment

because according to my notes from my counselling services I provide to the cry baby is that is really DKSAB so he sticks to quips that can neither confirm or deny that notion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Because he doesn't call the action for the majority of the fight. Instead he spends most of the fight in conversation with the co-commentators, and then picks something out of the action that underlines whatever point they happen to be making.

This isn't something that's exclusive to Lampley. The Sky broadcast teams in the UK are terrible for it too. As are most of the non-Showtime PBC broadcasts. I exclude Showtime because they pretty much always have someone like Ranallo or Gus Johnson doing proper blow-by-blow commentary where the action gets called. And each fighter gets credit for his work. On most boxing broadcasts that doesn't happen and the A-sider typically gets way more credit than his opponent.

It's no conscious bias. It's just that they're only watching one guy.

Funny how some people never notice it until it's a Pacquiao fight though. How many of you mentioned it during the recent Broner fight, where Theophane would have 5-6 shots in a row completely ignored, but every single Broner shot would get a reaction.
            I thought it was exactly what happened in Chaves-Bradley also with most of Chaves work going completely unmentioned.

Pretty sure it's called Marvin Hagler syndrome..

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Lampley has been calling the sport for 35 years so really he should have picked up more.

To be fair though his job is not to talk to long time hardcore fans, his job is to attract casual fans fill them in on some basic stuff and the stuff HBO wants them to know.
              Skip Bayless has been covering boxing since the 70's apparently...Some guys just stay dumb

Comment

Lamp wanna swallow Manny's man juice and hope he gets pregnant....I think he would love nothing better than to swallow and have Pac's children.....Jinky must be upset because Lamp be eating Pac's d1ck and leaving Jinky with nothing

Comment

Working...
                X