Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commander Vander: "I nearly quit against Lewis" (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Vander: "I nearly quit against Lewis" (video)

AMAZED to hear the Commander, of all people, say this:

Wow...lmfao

Great interview. I loved the part he said about how was he going to knock Lennox out in 3 rounds, like he predicted, when he's as good as him but bigger

Pretty honest interview. This interview makes you wonder what goes through a boxers mind when he's talking ****, predicting things he can't do, but still has to do it for his image.

He didn't quit because his son was there watching, that's pretty honest. It's too bad this guy did not get the nod over Valuev, I thought he won and that was really his last moment in boxing, they took that away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Wow...lmfao

Great interview. I loved the part he said about how was he going to knock Lennox out in 3 rounds, like he predicted, when he's as good as him but bigger

Pretty honest interview. This interview makes you wonder what goes through a boxers mind when he's talking ****, predicting things he can't do, but still has to do it for his image.

He didn't quit because his son was there watching, that's pretty honest. It's too bad this guy did not get the nod over Valuev, I thought he won and that was really his last moment in boxing, they took that away from him.
      I'm amazed, when you consider the times when Holyfield COULD have quit, but THIS was the time he wanted to? He's been toe-to-toe with Tyson, and had those helacious Bowe bouts, but a ****sexual Jamaican who doesn't do anything but jab and say "definitely" has him looking for the white towel?

Comment

Thank God for Evander Jr.

Comment

Victor Ortiz needs a son.

Comment

Not the first time he has spoke of quitting , years ago when he fought Dwight Qawi he said that he thought about it , during the fight he starts thinking his career can recover with a loss and then something clicked in head and the rest is history , he lost a huge amount of fluids in that fight and was severely dehydrated after the bout said it was one of his hardest fights .

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Wow...lmfao

watched the fight a few weeks ago...that was messed up. Holyfield turned back the clock in that one....he got screwed.

Comment

A real American.

Comment

I think maybe it happens a lot to a lot of boxers, they just don't say it until they're old and retired. I think Duran til this day still says he had a stomach ache in the SRL rematch? He still has not admit to actually quitting, according to a documentary I saw about the fight.

And Anorak, maybe those Lennox jabs hurt? He's a tall guy so his jabs comes down on you harder than someone your own height.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Victor Ortiz needs a son.
                    Just saw this

Comment

Working...
                    X