Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloud was awful and this was a very boring fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like others have said: It's Hopkins' defensive strategies that slow down his opponents. He makes them think about every single move.

Just like a good game of chess. I seldom find B-Hop's fights boring

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      This wasn't even a boring fight. If you're a fan of the sweet science then I don't know how you can't even appreciate Hopkins' craft.

If you're the fan that prefers the Rios-Alvarado mindless style of fighting, then I gotta ask; what the hell were you doing watching a B-Hop fight in the first place.
      I can't stand Sven Ottke but he was a great fighter....or do I have to like him to prove I'm a fan of the sweet science???

I'm a fight fan but that doesn't mean I find every boxer to be fun to watch. Majority of Hop's fights are boring IMO. They only become entertaining when someone actually brings it to him and I'm not a fan of his boxing style. He's not smooth or anything and I don't like the way he throws his punches. Hop has an ugly style. I had hopes that Cloud would put pressure and try to be in his face cause that's how he loves to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I think he still might have. I don't expect to see Cloud at the world class level ever again.
        His stock has fallen so far down. Not to mention his promoter is Don King. Have fun on ESPN for the rest of your career, unless some stud LHW comes around, and needs him as a show case fight on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I think he still might have. I don't expect to see Cloud at the world class level ever again.
          I'm talking physcially. Physically, he would have put a career ending beating on him.

Mentally he might have ended his career tonight but Hopkins or not Cloud's career was going no where.

Like I said the day he fought Yusuf Mack, Cloud is going no where in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
            It's frustrating to shallow fight fans who are used to two guys either fighting in the pocket, throwing everything they've got. Or one guy unloading his biggest punches while the other is against the ropes.

Clearly TS was unaware of Hopkins' ability to slip, slide and avoid punches, and throw just enough to win the rounds.
            What was up with Cloud's corner? They were just as lost as he was. Telling him to throw wide looping punches to land around Hopkins ear? He already telegraphs his punches enough as is.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I'm talking physcially. Physically, he would have put a career ending beating on him.

Mentally he might have ended his career tonight but Hopkins or not Cloud's career was going no where.

Like I said the day he fought Yusuf Mack, Cloud is going no where in the sport.
              The Mack and Cmapillo fights told us all we needed to know about the kid. Those are sink or swim fights, and he definitely sunk in the Campillo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                The Mack and Cmapillo fights told us all we needed to know about the kid. Those are sink or swim fights, and he definitely sunk in the Campillo fight.
                I wasn't at all impressed with his fight with Glen Johnson.

Then when he fought Mack, I bet quite abit of real money that he would knock him out. I honestly expected Cloud to knock him out in the first 3 rounds because 1. Mack is awful and 2. His chin is worse than Amir Khan's.

The fact it not only took him 8 rounds to stop him but the fact he was struggling badly and getting outboxed at times was a clear sign of how awful he is.

Then the Campillo fight, robbery of the year. And Campillo isn't that good either.

Hopkins dominating him was a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  I can't stand Sven Ottke but he was a great fighter....or do I have to like him to prove I'm a fan of the sweet science???
                  Oh my. Comparing him to sven ottke now.

I'm a fight fan but that doesn't mean I find every boxer to be fun to watch.

Yeah but as mentioned this is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. And inappropriate to talk about on Post-fight night. Especially since you can't qualify it. After all, who are you and who gives a **** about your personal tastes? Right?

Majority of Hop's fights are boring IMO.
                  Ok so save yourself the trouble and don't watch his fights anymore. Clearly you had some hopes of seeing him lose and it bothered the hell out of you that he refused to give to you. You didn't just develop these feelings overnight as he has had far more "boring" fights before.

I had hopes that Cloud would put pressure and try to be in his face cause that's how he loves to fight.
                  What he loves to do is irrelevant. They showed a highlight just before the fight, when he was unloading punches on a old Glen Johnson. That right there should've given you an idea, that there is no way Hopkins was gonna stand in front him like ol' Glen and be beaten up.

Comment

You've been here for 10 years, you should know better. I even told you exactly what was going to happen.

Didn't you think Cloud would be too much for Hopkins BTW?

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    ....but for how long can his legs carry him? Cloud will put a lot of pressure on Hopkins and make it a very physical fight. From round one Cloud will try his best to walk him down. Hop is after all 48 years old. Sooner or later he won't be able to physically hang in there anymore.

If Cloud hurts Hop early then this should be a very good fight.
                    Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Tavoris Cloud will be reduced to throwing about 350-400 punches through 12 rounds, believe me. Hopkins will do this, he will fight at his own pace, he will counterpunch and make Cloud reluctant to punch. You seem him throw 600-700 punches against Campillo and Johnson, well guess what, Hopkins is notorious for bring that number down on even the most active fighters. Remember Calzaghe averaging 950-1000+ punches in his fights with Bika, Kessler, and Jones, then all of a sudden he went down to only 700 against Hopkins? Hopkins made him throw 300 punches less than what he was averaging. This is something that Hopkins does to pretty much every single opponent he faces, he cuts down your workrate considerably.

Comment

this fight wasn't boring , bernard just put on a clinic. its not b hop fault that cloud can't BOX the thing is bhop is extending his career because he is exposing guys who fight not BOX ppl need to understand this is chess not checkers .prime example bhop has said numerous times he'd never get in there with andre ward

Comment

Working...
                      X