Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lampley: Showtime’s Worked to Get Floyd for Long Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Lampley sounding like a hater lately first he doesn't give Marquez his Props about KO Pac. Jim used to say Mayweather was the best fighter on this planet now that May jumped ship to Showtime. Now he's saying that Mayweather will be fighting a bunch of tune up fights smh.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
      HBO has a lot more subscribers than Showtime and Floyd fighting his PPVs under their banner is not going to move that needle.
      If you say so.....

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      Love how the flow moes try to pretend they don't know mayweather ducked Pac Margarito ect for years and is now fighting another lightweight instead of 154 pound fighters like trout canelo ect where he is champ. Keep knob slobbing homies
      Psst, he's champ @ 147 too - this is for Floyd's WW belt. So, what are you really trying to say? Don't be mad.....

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
      I hear you man I'm a fan of Floyd and it disgusts me sometimes the way he cherry picks I mean lets face it he's gonna stay at welterweight even cotto is a blown up welterweight he don't want no parts of them jmw's but let me tell you be gonna have his hands full with Guerrero don't get it twisted he's comin to fight he's gonna pressure mayweather all night I think a lot of fans are looking past him and they shouldn't.
      From that reply, you're not a fan of Floyd's..And pressure would be Guerrero's only chance, for he's abandoned whatever boxing skill he had since moving up in weight...

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Golovkin, Pirog, and Geale > Martin f**king Murray

I don't have to protect anyone, that's a dumb thing to say. Floyd doesn't have to fight the Middleweight champion, who isn't fighting his own best fights in his division. I had only a slight problem with Dzinziruk, but at least he was a Top 10 guy at 154. Barker was BULLS**T. He should have Pirog when he fought Barker. I didn't have a problem with Macklin or Chavez. But now in 2013, he's going to fight Martin Murray and a Chavez rematch, instead of Golovkin, Pirog, and Geale???

Stop protecting Martinez....his excuse to not fight Golovkin, given by his promoter, is "Who the f**k is Golovkin, why should we fight him", acting like Sergio is some PPV star or some s**t. But then Sergio fans want Welterweights to fight him, and than say it's ducking when a guy two weight classes below him doesn't fight him.

Get outta here. If Sergio cared about legacy and wanted to really make one like these smaller guys he's called out have done already....he'd either clean out 160 completely by fighting Golovkin, Pirog, Geale, and Quillin....or he'd move up to 168 and fight Ward or Kessler/Froch.
        I actually think Macklin and Barker would give any of those guys a tough fight at middle weight. Golovkin technically hasn't fought anyone who was remotely considered good or at the top of the division and Pirog went the distance with Ishida. Golovkin, Pirog mostly hype in my opinion. Martinez is more sound technically than any of them guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Golovkin and Chavez Jr get it in.

Comment

Jim Lampley is a HO. This guy rides Pacquiao nuts so hard that it is ridiculous for him to say anything and be taken seriously. The guy almost cried when Manny Pacquiao got KO'd. Floyd did the right thing by bouncing. Go where the money is at. He gave HBO some PPV block busters so now it's time to test the waters some where else. Lampley is not even ashamed that he tried to discredit Marquez's win on Manny by accusing him of being on something but Pacquiao refused random blood tests close fight time for years and Lampley said nothing. This guy Lampley is ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
            I hear you man I'm a fan of Floyd and it disgusts me sometimes the way he cherry picks I mean lets face it he's gonna stay at welterweight even cotto is a blown up welterweight he don't want no parts of them jmw's but let me tell you be gonna have his hands full with Guerrero don't get it twisted he's comin to fight he's gonna pressure mayweather all night I think a lot of fans are looking past him and they shouldn't.
            According to The Ring magazine ratings, Floyd is the #1 welterweight. He's already beaten the living **** outta the #2 rated guy JMM. And now he's scheduled to fight the #3 rated guy. Exactly how is that cherry picking?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              Love how the flow moes try to pretend they don't know mayweather ducked Pac Margarito ect for years and is now fighting another lightweight instead of 154 pound fighters like trout canelo ect where he is champ. Keep knob slobbing homies
              Unfortunately, fights with Pac and Margarito never materialized fight. However, Floyd did beat the living hell outta their respective daddies JMM and Mosley.

Comment

Without a doubt HBO and JIM Lampley is the best commentators along with Roy Jones Jr and Larry Merchant,, not so high on the other dude.

Showtime has ONE great and that is Bernstein !! The others are plastic

HBO shows great quality of fights

Showtime is more like ESPN fights

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  I actually think Macklin and Barker would give any of those guys a tough fight at middle weight. Golovkin technically hasn't fought anyone who was remotely considered good or at the top of the division and Pirog went the distance with Ishida. Golovkin, Pirog mostly hype in my opinion. Martinez is more sound technically than any of them guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Golovkin and Chavez Jr get it in.
                  Me too, but don't think Jr. wants any part of GGG...

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Unfortunately, fights with Pac and Margarito never materialized fight. However, Floyd did beat the living hell outta their respective daddies JMM and Mosley.
                  LOL, he did. But Floyd did duck plaster man, which in hindsight was a good move for it could have been him instead of Cotto who got plastered.

Comment

Calling Lampley a "blow-by-blow announcer" is a bit of an overstatement

Comment

Working...
                    X