Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ward still fight Dawson if Chad deliberately come in overweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Ward still fight Dawson if Chad deliberately come in overweight?

This seems to be a trend these days.. Chad hasnt fought at 168 in what? 7-8 years??
    Ward seems to have high morals, and no matter how much offer to pay him, he wont fight Dawson.. No matter the pressure HBO tries to put on him..
    I think Ward is all business about his career decisions and wont tolerate that kind of nonsense.. But who knows, what do you guys think??

I dont believe Chad when he says he can make 168 easily.. Weigh in is gonna be very interesting.. I think Chad may try to pull the ol Broner/Gonzales/Castillo lol

We shall see tho.. Hopefully he makes 168 as healthy as possible and put up a great fight.. I'd be more than pissed if he couldnt make weight and the fight is called off

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
    This seems to be a trend these days.. Chad hasnt fought at 168 in what? 7-8 years??
    Ward seems to have high morals, and no matter how much offer to pay him, he wont fight Dawson.. No matter the pressure HBO tries to put on him..
    I think Ward is all business about his career decisions and wont tolerate that kind of nonsense.. But who knows, what do you guys think??

I dont believe Chad when he says he can make 168 easily.. Weigh in is gonna be very interesting.. I think Chad may try to pull the ol Broner/Gonzales/Castillo lol

We shall see tho.. Hopefully he makes 168 as healthy as possible and put up a great fight.. I'd be more than pissed if he couldnt make weight and the fight is called off
    I don't think the fight would be called off. But I definitely know that the belts wouldn't be on the line, so Dawson would've came down in weight for essentially no reason. I know some people will say, "at least the fight will be more competitive", which is true. But then what was the point of accepting the fight then?
    Last edited by kiaba360; 09-06-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I have a feeling that Ward is a little diva punk.

He loves for things to go his way only, and I feel his trainer is the same way and they'd both pull out if Chad came in overweight.

Comment

Not happening. Chad's a pro. He's coming in on weight.

Comment

If Dawson doesn't make weight the fight should be cancelled. We seen too much of this lately and it is a disadvantage to take extra money to fight a bigger guy.

Comment

Dawson will come in on weight.

Comment

Working...
            X