Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are brits so paranoid that americans hate them...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What annoys me is that commentator on HBO, i dont know his name but he sounds like an ******* and when Hatton beat Castillo the first thing he said was "castillo was shot" and then when Calzaghe beat Roy it was "Roy is nearly 40" No matter what those guys would not be given credit by him, he is a rascist, at the start of fights i.e roy/joe he was all over the american fighter saying yeah they are going to win easy, then when they start losing it's here come the excuses.

I hate that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿?枯葉剤¿? View Post
      That is out right bull**** if I ever heard it. What about Mayweather Jr.? plenty of Americans talk trash about how he "dodged tough competition" how he "has a big mouth" that he "lacks power"...where have heard this before?
      Mayweather also calls himself the best fighter to ever live, has an ******* demeanor, OUTRIGHT. Calzaghe might be a prick, but he atleast tries to hide it. Which some people appreciate.

That is begging for hate. Good for Mayweather, it did his career well near the end, but it has to do with the critique.

Calzaghe is a slightly more likeable prick, because he does TRY to seem humble. Two different animals.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
        Where is Plymouth in relation to London... Forgive my laziness but I don't feel like googling a map.
        200 or so miles SW it's where the forefathers set off from.

LOL, dude I dunno where that came from I was messing trying a parody, went over drive lol, booze and freeze has clearly done me no good. Apologies
        Lol brainfreeze is bad! booze less so.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          Plymouth is right down by the coast, according to Google Maps it's about a 4 hour drive from London to there.
          Cool... well, you can't complain much about the U.K. weather, especially since it "should" be covered in about 12 feet of ice given the latitude of the Isles. Either way, this thread has run its course. The point is, bickering back and forth simply because you live in one nation or the other is ridiculous.

The older generation Brits thought they were inherently better than Yanks, whereas the younger generation seem to have no problem with Americans.

For Americans, its the opposite... Hell, Churchill and Roosevelt were best buddies back in the day, and the older generation of Americans looked at Brits as brothers. I don't get this up and coming generation... I think they're bored so to entertain themselves and gain a sense of belonging, they have to degrade Brits.

Oh well, who gives a rat's ass, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
            What annoys me is that commentator on HBO, i dont know his name but he sounds like an ******* and when Hatton beat Castillo the first thing he said was "castillo was shot" and then when Calzaghe beat Roy it was "Roy is nearly 40" No matter what those guys would not be given credit by him, he is a rascist, at the start of fights i.e roy/joe he was all over the american fighter saying yeah they are going to win easy, then when they start losing it's here come the excuses.

I hate that guy.
            Lol the guy on the one i've heard practically wets himself over the Castillio win.

"THATS Jose Louis Castillio in there!!!11!!!oneone!!"

not sure what station that is, it's not English.

Comment

Originally posted by The C.E.O. View Post
              as for you, hiemy...I like how you refuse to acknowledge that it is Calzaghes' ******ed fans/British nationalistic *ssholes who bring the counter-hate out from us Americans...
              Being a Calzaghe fan doesn't make you nationalistic. Look up the meaning of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
                Mayweather also calls himself the best fighter to ever live, has an ******* demeanor, OUTRIGHT. Calzaghe might be a prick, but he atleast tries to hide it. Which some people appreciate.

That is begging for hate. Good for Mayweather, it did his career well near the end, but it has to do with the critique.

Calzaghe is a slightly more likeable prick, because he does TRY to seem humble. Two different animals.
                LMAO you sure about that? The argument is still weak any way you look at it, how would he be more liked when Floyd's hated on for the same reasons? Especially knowing how Floyd accomplished more.
                Last edited by ¿?枯葉剤¿?; 02-06-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿?枯葉剤¿? View Post
                  LMAO you sure about that? The argument is still weak any way you look at it, how he would be more liked when Floyd's hated on for the same reason? Especially knowing how Floyd accomplished more.
                  Accomplishments have NOTHING to do with what fans think of you.

Gatti did WHAT? He was a pretty successful fighter.

Yes, he DOES try to hide it. He is confident, but does he call himself even the best BRITISH fighter, every chance he gets? Let alone the best fighter in the world, EVER.

TWO DIFFERENT ANIMALS. Nothing weak about the argument. Floyd is hated for totally different reasons. Pretty simple ****.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
                    Cool... well, you can't complain much about the U.K. weather, especially since it "should" be covered in about 12 feet of ice given the latitude of the Isles. Either way, this thread has run its course. The point is, bickering back and forth simply because you live in one nation or the other is ridiculous.

The older generation Brits thought they were inherently better than Yanks, whereas the younger generation seem to have no problem with Americans.

For Americans, its the opposite... Hell, Churchill and Roosevelt were best buddies back in the day, and the older generation of Americans looked at Brits as brothers. I don't get this up and coming generation... I think they're bored so to entertain themselves and gain a sense of belonging, they have to degrade Brits.

Oh well, who gives a rat's ass, right?
                    Very good post

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
                      Being a Calzaghe fan doesn't make you nationalistic. Look up the meaning of the word.
                      That was a /...as in "and/or"...maybe you should develop your mental acumen before you challenge someone else's...

Yep....that's right, andrew......I WILL bust your ass every single time you build the courage back up to respond to me...

I'm like 46-0 over YOU....but unlike Calzaghe....I will admit you're a bum, and that it doesn't mean much....

Comment

Working...
                      X