Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford: Manny Pacquiao Must Fight Me at 140!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
    Bradley had 1 fight above 140 and that was 2 years before Manny. Alexander and Rios were his two foes before Pac. So he had 1 fight two years earlier at ww. He went back down to his natural weight. Until he had a chance for a record payday. Then he went back to 147. As for Rios, you are just plain ignorant and proved to be one of those who will make things up to protect the rep of Pac. The fact remains Rios had never fought above 140 in his career. In fact, 18 months prior to facing Pac Rios had actually been fighting at LW! You are semi-rite about JMM. He had fought his previous bout at 140 and had fought Mayweather at 146. But less than a year before Pac finally gave JMM a third fight Marquez was fighting at lightweight. Quite similar to Rios. It was Oscars own fault but he definitely was weakened because of it being his ww fight in almost a decade. Algieri was also fighting for a higher weight than he ever had before. Roach was saying then Pac was better at 140. Yet he dragged up Bradley, Rios, Marquez and Algieri. Cotto and ODLH were obviously hurt by the cw too.
    No you're just a wind-up alt. Rios was unable to make jww at that point, could barely make welter. Bradley fought at 152 in the amateurs, had already beat a fringe welter contender and never fought at jww after Pac. So he moved up 1 class for huge money, boo fcuking hoo, PAC did it 7x.

Again Cotto was the only welter Pac imposed a CW on, while going up to his 7th division. Unlike Floyd, Cotto, Canelo, he's never demanded a CW vs divisional challenger as a reigning champ

Comment

Bradley had 1 fight above 140 and that was 2 years before Manny. Alexander and Rios were his two foes before Pac. So he had 1 fight two years earlier at ww. He went back down to his natural weight. Until he had a chance for a record payday. Then he went back to 147. As for Rios, you are just plain ignorant and proved to be one of those who will make things up to protect the rep of Pac. The fact remains Rios had never fought above 140 in his career. In fact, 18 months prior to facing Pac Rios had actually been fighting at LW! You are semi-rite about JMM. He had fought his previous bout at 140 and had fought Mayweather at 146. But less than a year before Pac finally gave JMM a third fight Marquez was fighting at lightweight. Quite similar to Rios. It was Oscars own fault but he definitely was weakened because of it being his ww fight in almost a decade. Algieri was also fighting for a higher weight than he ever had before. Roach was saying then Pac was better at 140. Yet he dragged up Bradley, Rios, Marquez and Algieri. Cotto and ODLH were obviously hurt by the cw too.
      you see hater like you only see it from Pac's opponent perspective, you wrote about rios fighting in LW 18 months prior pac's. Manny fight JMM 2 in 130 just 8 months before fight ODLH at 147 and 13 months before he Decimate Hatton the king of 140 at that time, what do you make of that??!!

Yeah Oscar was weakened fighting at 147 but Pacquiao jump 3 weight division(17lbs) in 8 months to fight him, at that time nobody give him a chance even me thought that weight jump is too much for Pac.

As for Rios, Bradley and Algieri. they're not dragged to fight at 147 their physique are ready to fight at 147, all of them out weight pac in Fight night. and it also make sense in term of match-up, they all are young accomplihed boxer jump 1 weight divison to challenge a legend and for glory and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta-CuckMuzzie View Post
        you see hater like you only see it from Pac's opponent perspective, you wrote about rios fighting in LW 18 months prior pac's. Manny fight JMM 2 in 130 just 8 months before fight ODLH at 147 and 13 months before he Decimate Hatton the king of 140 at that time, what do you make of that??!!

Yeah Oscar was weakened fighting at 147 but Pacquiao jump 3 weight division(17lbs) in 8 months to fight him, at that time nobody give him a chance even me thought that weight jump is too much for Pac.

As for Rios, Bradley and Algieri. they're not dragged to fight at 147 their physique are ready to fight at 147, all of them out weight pac in Fight night. and it also make sense in term of match-up, they all are young accomplihed boxer jump 1 weight divison to challenge a legend and for glory and money.
        Yes, Pac did jump up to ww from lw. But Rios is not Pac. JMM is not Pac. Bradley isn't Pac. We saw JMM land less then 6 punches a round in his only previous venture above 140. Pac is one of the best of his generation. Which is exactly why he shouldn't have to make his opponents fight at a weight they never have before. Which is exactly why fighting lightweights at Welterweight is a joke. When Floyd fought JMM it was a disgrace and a cowardly move. And everyone said this for years. Until JMM fought Manny for the third time. All you fanboys make up excuses for Manny to make all of his opponents fight at a different weight. When Floyd fought two smaller fighters in a row (Hatton and JMM) everyone said how he is picking on smaller fighters. You can have an excuse for Pac demanding his opponent fight at a weight they never have before, but that is all it is-excuses. Also, Roach and Pac kept saying that Manny would be better at 140. Then made all the JWWs move up. No, if Pac was best at 140 he woulda beat Marquez, Bradley, Rios, and Algieri at that weight. The fact remains Manny had been a ww for years and refused to fight wws. The internet would have exploded if Floyd fought Marquez twice, Bradley three times and Algieri once all above their best weight. In fact it almost did when he fought Marquez. Manny was a great fighter. That doesn't change the fact that he avoided everyone in his own division for years. Marquez and Bradley only got ranked at WW for their performances against Pac. And since JMM knocked him out cold, he never again fought anyone with any power. Or maybe you are right and since Pac did it, I guess Thurman and Spence and Garcia should avoid each other and only fight lw's and jww's. I mean Pac and Mosley and Duran all jumped up. So let's see Thurman or Garcia fight Ricky Burns! lmao, what would fans say then? But if Pac does it, its different? It is even worse because Pac was better than any of them. Garcia-Burns would be met with ridicule from everyone. But Pac vs. Rios and Algieri is fine? Come on, its not hating it is the truth. It is because of respect for how good Manny was that making his opponents fight at a different weight is so outrageous. He probably could have beat Cotto at 147, and Rios, Bradley, and Algieri at 140. But he didn't. He didn't trust his skills enough to win without an advantage. Mayweather did the same fighting JMM and with demanding Maidana wear certain gloves. When you are #1 or #2 p4p, you shouldn't need extra advantages. Period. Its not hate, its recognizing greatness and wanting to witness the greatness without bs advantages that take away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          No you're just a wind-up alt. Rios was unable to make jww at that point, could barely make welter. Bradley fought at 152 in the amateurs, had already beat a fringe welter contender and never fought at jww after Pac. So he moved up 1 class for huge money, boo fcuking hoo, PAC did it 7x.

Again Cotto was the only welter Pac imposed a CW on, while going up to his 7th division. Unlike Floyd, Cotto, Canelo, he's never demanded a CW vs divisional challenger as a reigning champ
          Since beating Clottey over 6 years ago, Bradley 2 and 3 and Mayweather are the only opponents who's previous fight was at the same weight they fought Pac at. Exuses. That's it. A fighter goes over 6 years and all of his opponents except for two are fighting at a new weight. 6 years! It is sad that a supposed boxing fan would cheer that. That one of the best should always have extra advantages and not fight anyone in his own weight class! Go Canelo and Golovkin! Why is Kovavlev fighting Ward when he should be facing Lemieux?!?

Comment

Yes, Pac did jump up to ww from lw. But Rios is not Pac. JMM is not Pac. Bradley isn't Pac. We saw JMM land less then 6 punches a round in his only previous venture above 140. Pac is one of the best of his generation. Which is exactly why he shouldn't have to make his opponents fight at a weight they never have before. Which is exactly why fighting lightweights at Welterweight is a joke. When Floyd fought JMM it was a disgrace and a cowardly move. And everyone said this for years. Until JMM fought Manny for the third time. All you fanboys make up excuses for Manny to make all of his opponents fight at a different weight. When Floyd fought two smaller fighters in a row (Hatton and JMM) everyone said how he is picking on smaller fighters. You can have an excuse for Pac demanding his opponent fight at a weight they never have before, but that is all it is-excuses. Also, Roach and Pac kept saying that Manny would be better at 140. Then made all the JWWs move up. No, if Pac was best at 140 he woulda beat Marquez, Bradley, Rios, and Algieri at that weight. The fact remains Manny had been a ww for years and refused to fight wws. The internet would have exploded if Floyd fought Marquez twice, Bradley three times and Algieri once all above their best weight. In fact it almost did when he fought Marquez. Manny was a great fighter. That doesn't change the fact that he avoided everyone in his own division for years. Marquez and Bradley only got ranked at WW for their performances against Pac. And since JMM knocked him out cold, he never again fought anyone with any power. Or maybe you are right and since Pac did it, I guess Thurman and Spence and Garcia should avoid each other and only fight lw's and jww's. I mean Pac and Mosley and Duran all jumped up. So let's see Thurman or Garcia fight Ricky Burns! lmao, what would fans say then? But if Pac does it, its different? It is even worse because Pac was better than any of them. Garcia-Burns would be met with ridicule from everyone. But Pac vs. Rios and Algieri is fine? Come on, its not hating it is the truth. It is because of respect for how good Manny was that making his opponents fight at a different weight is so outrageous. He probably could have beat Cotto at 147, and Rios, Bradley, and Algieri at 140. But he didn't. He didn't trust his skills enough to win without an advantage. Mayweather did the same fighting JMM and with demanding Maidana wear certain gloves. When you are #1 or #2 p4p, you shouldn't need extra advantages. Period. Its not hate, its recognizing greatness and wanting to witness the greatness without bs advantages that take away from it.
            First,, use paragraph because reading that above is really exhausting

second,, why the double standard?? you wrote "Rios is not Pac. JMM is not Pac. Bradley isn't Pac". JMM and Pac came from the lower weight the fact they chase each other from weight class to weight class is a thing of beauty.
            and bradley is fine athelete specimen, I say his best weight is 147 not 140. in 147 his speed doesn't decreased, his stamina doesn't decreased in fact he add more power and his technique more refined at 147. Bradley had multiple great win and performance in 147 (JMM, pac, provodnikov, rios) even now thingking go to 154 for fight with cotto or canelo.

Third,, You are obsessed with pac. your head is filled with the thought of pac's advantage over his opponents, his opponent weakness coming in 147, pac's greatness, etc....
            for me i look it from these 140 youngsters perspective. Bradley, rios and algieri are done with 140 for one reason or another, Bradley conquer 140, Rios fatass can't make the weight anymore, Algieri has his only chance for mega fight with a legend. is time for them to step up weight class and challenge themself to fight with legend for glory and money.

It doesn't make sense for pac to came down to fight youngsters. he's the much older one and the much more accomplished fighter. it really doesn't make sense from bussiness and sport perspective. if pac came down then he's the only great one from their match-up, these youngsters will look super pathetic forcing an old fighter fight in their weight class.

Look,, bradley did it and he won even tho is controversial but now critics and fans recognised him as the true elite talent in 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta-CuckMuzzie View Post
              please dont compare pac to Canelo. Canelo is not legendary fighter, Canelo is not an ATG, Canelo dont have HOF spot locked since 10 years ago.

Pac will be the one who bring the money, pac will be the one who bring the glory. Crawford has no right to be dictating anything.

Just like pacquiao and mayweather jump 2 weight division to fight oscar, this youngster should do the same. for god sake Manny is 38 year old part time boxer, this youngster look really patethic with his demand risking achance for an ultimate glory and biggest payday of his career.

i believe crawford can UD Pacquaio even at 147
              Why the double standard? One who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

The reason Pac is expected to face tough competition is the same reason you rightfully argue is why he should be able to dictate terms of a fight, but not Canelo. It is the same reason no one cared when Kassi fought Arreola but everyone did when Wilder fought Arreola. Wilder is a champion and therefor is held to a higher standard. If you are throwing Pac in the same group as Rios and Algieri then you have incredibly low view of Manny. Personally I thought he was a great fighter and a top p4p fighter. Which is why the vast majority of people held him to a higher standard. Or a "double standard". I hold top p4p fighters to a higher standard than good fighters or ones with a paper title. Which is why you hold him to a double standard in terms of dictating terms.

Comment

Also, when Oscar first offered Manny a fight, Pac turned it down demanding more money. ODLH said 70-30 and Manny wanted 60-40. They negotiated for weeks then came to an agreement. I expect the same from Crawford.

Comment

Why the double standard? One who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

The reason Pac is expected to face tough competition is the same reason you rightfully argue is why he should be able to dictate terms of a fight, but not Canelo. It is the same reason no one cared when Kassi fought Arreola but everyone did when Wilder fought Arreola. Wilder is a champion and therefor is held to a higher standard. If you are throwing Pac in the same group as Rios and Algieri then you have incredibly low view of Manny. Personally I thought he was a great fighter and a top p4p fighter. Which is why the vast majority of people held him to a higher standard. Or a "double standard". I hold top p4p fighters to a higher standard than good fighters or ones with a paper title. Which is why you hold him to a double standard in terms of dictating terms.
                  Wow you confuse me, what "double standard"? here is the standard when a young accomplished fighter face an old more popular-more accomplished fighter, than the old fighter should have the upper arm on dictate the terms of the fight because he held the two most important keys component in negotiation table which is Money and Glory.

however This is not the case with canelo-GGG. yes canelo is the more poplular fighter therefore he held the money but GGG are the one who bring the more glory in the fight, so i said none of them should have the upper arm on dictating the terms and they should meet in the middle at negotiating table. the perfect example of this is ODLH vs Hopkins fight, they met at 156/157(i forgot which one) and Hopkins get paid 16 millions dollar which is 10x the best pay he ever had at that time.

Also, when Oscar first offered Manny a fight, Pac turned it down demanding more money. ODLH said 70-30 and Manny wanted 60-40. They negotiated for weeks then came to an agreement. I expect the same from Crawford.
                  Oh crawford's camp are free to demand more money for the fight, because i personally think arum's offer to danny garcia of 3-4 mill is a joke. it should be atleast 5 mill+some share of the ppv. but garcia work for rival team so i dont think arum will give it to him but now is different because crawford is arum's fighter. dont forget bradley bag atleast 5 million from each of pacquiao's fight.

but in term of weight class if pac offer crawford a CW at 143-144 that's will be very generous of pac. also you should see it from crawford perspective, a youngster stepping up weightclass to fight a legend is one of the most amazing thing in boxing. and oac is small WW he never weigh more than 150 even after 7 years in welter weight. i'm sure crawford will outweight him even at 140, crawford look huge.

this is a test for young crawford and If he can pull it off at 147 than it will be more glorious and will catapult Crawford status to became elite of the sport.

Comment

Roach plays weight games. Pac is the A side here. He will have it at 144 or some chit. Just knowing that crawford wants it at 140 will be enough for them to demand it to happen at a higher weight.

Crawford does have a good point that at 140 it would be for the unified championship.

Comment

Terence Crawford: Manny Pacquiao Must Fight Me at 140!

No wonder Arum went straight to Vargas. The B-side already dictating the fight after stinking up the Postol fight running for his life in a PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X