Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 "official" losses in a row and Pac is still the biggest $ fight for Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Yes, he had a lot of time to think about whether to fight Pac, after Pac beat JMM 3 times, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, SSM etc etc, but but Floyd never takes the last step of actually fighting, just thinking and talking.

Floyd dont always fight people coming off of a loss if he can help it, but he certainly fights peoples leftovers, from Hernandez, to DLH, to SSM to JMM.
    Hes been doiing it for most of his career.
    Pac didn't beat jmm 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      At this point I would agree, but with one big win over a young tough opponent like Rios would put the demand right back.
      I can agree with that but it would need to be dominating. I just don't see that happening, that jmm ko was brutal. I doubt Pac can look impressive against any young elite competition anymore. His last 5 fights have been uninpressive IMHO.
      Last edited by Ve Ri Tas; 02-23-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Of course he's not desperate. Showtime with their desperation to land Floyd gave him a multi fight contract with guaranteed money regardless of who he fights. You think he's going to take 6 tough fights at this point in his career? LOL. He's going to milk it and ride off into the sunset while as he put it "come back to steal some more money". Sadly his fans are ok with that.
        Depends on what you consider tough...

Comment

At this point I would agree, but with one big win over a young tough opponent like Rios would put the demand right back.
          Why would a win over a jww who isn't a champion or the best in the world make a fight with the ww champ bigger, especially when you lost your previous fights to a jww and a lw moving up?

Comment

I think if Manny was to beat Bradley and Rios convincingly, it would generate some talk. But if he loses to either guy, you can drain this fight down the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Yes, he had a lot of time to think about whether to fight Pac, after Pac beat JMM 3 times, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, SSM etc etc, but but Floyd never takes the last step of actually fighting, just thinking and talking.

Floyd dont always fight people coming off of a loss if he can help it, but he certainly fights peoples leftovers, from Hernandez, to DLH, to SSM to JMM.
              Hes been doiing it for most of his career.
              So if a fighter has at least one loss, they are leftovers?plzzz explain the shane mosley one. He was coming off a upset knockout win of the WW champ. How is that a leftover?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Why would a win over a jww who isn't a champion or the best in the world make a fight with the ww champ bigger, especially when you lost your previous fights to a jww and a lw moving up?
                I'm all for Rios-Pacquiao, but that's what I'm wondering. It's simple, Floyd said it, beat Bradley or avenge his defeat [s] against the same recycled opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  I'm all for Rios-Pacquiao, but that's what I'm wondering. It's simple, Floyd said it, beat Bradley or avenge his defeat [s] against the same recycled opponent.
                  Rios is a perfect style matchup in a sense and we all know that Marquez and Bradley are better fighters than Rios so in Floyd's mind, no win over rios is worthy enough to put manny back in position to fight him. I don't care to see Pac-jmm 5 but manny needs to fight Bradley again.

Comment

Imo manny need only beat jmm. Manny beat tim imo. I know some people feel otherwise but I think a dominating win over jmm and the hype is rekindled, then beat the best ww other than floyd and the hype will be back but it will never be as big as 09

Comment

Depends on what you consider tough...
                      While I'm not crazy about the Guerrero fight, the only thing that interests me is the fact that Guerrero is rough, tough, and determined. Now given that these would be Floyd's last fights of his career, what I would consider tough was if he were to face after Guerrero in any order, Canelo, Martinez, Pac, Bradley. I'd be fine with those 5 fights.
                      Last edited by Deevel916; 02-23-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X