Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Rigondeaux inferior than all Donaire opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Rigondeaux inferior than all Donaire opponents?

Lets start saying that I thing Donaire is a very talented top 5 p4p...I admire his overall dominant performances...with this said lets begin...
    I took some time to colect some infomation regarding the question of if is Rigo as good for a Donaire fight as the other 122 Donaire opponents..Donaire fought four times past year @ 122 with a run that took him to many consider him fighter of the year...he owned IBF, WBO and emeritus belts..in the way to the become lineal champ he defeated three top ten @ 122 and one possible HOF in Arce..he defeated ranked # 10 wilfredo Vasquez jr by SD, ranked # 5 Jeffrey mathebula, ranked # 1 toshiaky Nishioka and a stay busy fight vs Jorge Arce...He wan two fight by KO/TKO one by SD and one by UD..the two KO wins was against fighters who seem to be past their prime..they didn't tried to fight back..Nishioka was 37 as Arce was 33 years old..they both showed in their prior fight...the other two lasted the whole 12 rounds..being both competitive..vasquez loss a SD that should have been UD sticking behind the jab ina defensive mode that worked against Donaire (not again Arce)..mathebula was very elusive and hard to catch, he threw many soft punches that puff Donaire's face..I propose you guys analise if those two guys who where competitive fights[ for Donaire are way ahead of the WBA champion Guillermo"the jackal" Rigondeaux...

Lets star with wilfredo Vasquez jr: He was a 27 years old former world champ with a record of 21-1-1 with 17 KO..he have no amateur background...and by the time Donaire fought him he had no belt..he was coming from a KO lost to old Arce..no big fan base..lets see his pro fights
    Octavius Davis 0-1-0
    Daniel Lorenza 1-0-0
    Danny Esquivel 0-3-0
    Juan Camacho 0-4-0
    Cature Hicks debut
    Jaime Villa 5-1-0
    Anhony Chacon 2-1-0
    Benjamin Orosco 3-2-3
    Corey Goodwin 7-3-0
    Jorge Cardenas 9-5-2 this was a draw
    Corey Goodwin 7-4-0
    Moises Carrasquillo 2-0-0
    Felipe Almanza 12-13-2
    Adolfo landeros 20-10-1
    Victor Martinez 14-3-0
    Jose A beranza 31-14-2
    Cecilio Santos 23-10-3
    Genaro Garcia 36-7-0
    Marvin Sonsona 14-0-1
    Zsolt Bedak 15-0-0
    Ivan Hernandez 26-4-1
    Jorge Arce 56-6-2 He loss this one
    Roberto C Leyva 27-14-1
    TOTAL-------310-108-18
    He don't have any win against any top 10..ranked # 12 Ivan Hernandez is his best win

Lets see Jeffrey Mathebula: He was a 33 years old IBF champion of the wold who won the title in his last fight..He was 26-3-2 with 14 Ko
    Mathebula is a 2000 (Sydney) athlete who loss in the second round of the contest..he never won an international event...he have an amateur record of 102-4.. lets take a look to his pro fights..
    Tally Disloane 1-1-0
    Goodman Maruso 1-2-1
    Tshunbetso tshishonge 2-6-0
    Takatso Hlane 1-0-1
    Dumisani Zulu 2-3-0
    Koos Sibiya 2-3-0
    Molefe Benzane 6-6-1
    Ebenezer Tubane 10-7-2
    Wladimir Borov 15-11-1
    Bonani Hlwatika 11-1-0 this was a draw
    Martin Mnyandu 9-8-4
    Petros Motsoahole 5-5-0
    Bonani Hlwatika 11-1-1
    Oupa Lubisi 13-5-1
    Thomas Mashaba 11-1-4 he loss his one
    Sonwabo Matayani 5-9-2
    Elias Skahosana 4-2-1
    Malcolm Klassen 13-3-1 this one was a draw
    Oscar chauke 13-3-2
    Osumanu Akaba 16-2-1
    Aron Melgarejo 11-4-1
    Mkhuseli Kondile 23-7-1
    Themba Tshicila 20-5-3
    Yoshinori Miyata 22-5-1
    Julio Zarate 26-4-1
    Celestino Caballero 31-2-0 he loss this one
    Rashid Ally 13-12-8
    Takalani Ndlovu 30-6-0 he loss this one
    Sivewe Hasheni 8-3-0
    Oscar chauke 27-5-2
    Takalani Ndlovu 33-6-0
    TOTAL----------396-138-40

He have one win over top 10(ranked # 7 at the time Takalani Ndlovu)

Lets see how rigo does..Guillermo"the jackal" Rigondeaux is a 32 years old WBA champion of the world..he is ranked # 1 by Ring Magazine..is undefeated as a pro with a record of 11-0-0 with 8 KO
    Guillermo Rigondeaux is an ATG top 3 amateur boxer who many cosider the greatest amateur boxer of all times..as amateur he have been Olympic gold medallist two times(2000 and 2004) two times world amateur champion(2001 and 2005) two times world cup champion(2000 and 2005) one time panamerican champion..one time centroamerican and caribean champion and six times cuban national champion..he defeated in the amateur names such as Argenis Mendes, Abnes Mares, Richard Abril, luis franco, Yuriorkis Gamboa(two times) and many more...lets take a look at his short pro career

Juan Noriega 3-2-0
    Robert guillen 4-2-3
    Giovanni andrade 59-11-0
    Lante addy 8-4-1
    Adolfo landeros 20-11-1
    Jose angel beranza 33-18-2
    Ricardo cordoba 37-2-2
    Willie casey 11-0-0
    Rico ramos 20-0-0
    Teon kennedy 17-1-2
    Robert marroquin 22-1-0

TOTAL 234- 53-11

He have two wins over top 10 @ 122(Ricardo Cordoba and Rico Ramos)

If we compare..Rigondeaux have more wins over top 10 opponents than the other two guys who give a competitive fight to donaire..Rigo's pro opponents had a higher win/loss ratio that the other two..Rigo is ranked # 1..mathebula was ranked # 5 and vasquez # 10..so..as a pro Rigondeaux have achieve alredy more than those two competitive Donaire's opponents...on top of that you put Rigo's ATG amateur experience and we got to accept that right now Rigo is a better opponent....if they deserved the shot..can Rigo have his?..thanks for take your time to read this..happy new year for you all!!!!..
    please read before to vote
    5.26%
    yes
    68.42%
    no
    26.32%

I think everyone agrees Rigondeaux is a legit opponent for Donaire and is a fight that absolutely should happen in 2013.

Comment

Nice breakdown but there is no reasoning with these lot who are sold on Donaire lol

Timing in boxing is very important some may argue timing is everything. I can not stress enough that Donaire has fought/caught these guys at the right time.

These guys, most wasn't even good EVER! People talking about Rigondeaux not fighting anyone, yet Rigondeaux he has a better resume, skills, achievements already than most of Donaires opponents.

All they do is revert back to Rigondeaux's amateur career and try say it means zilch, its absolute nonsense.
      Rigondeaux is a stylistic nightmare for Donaire, even Nonito pretty much acknowledges this.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        I think everyone agrees Rigondeaux is a legit opponent for Donaire and is a fight that absolutely should happen in 2013.
        somebody didn't agree judging by the poll results..

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Nice breakdown but there is no reasoning with these lot who are sold on Donaire lol

Timing in boxing is very important some may argue timing is everything. I can not stress enough that Donaire has fought/caught these guys at the right time.

These guys, most wasn't even good EVER! People talking about Rigondeaux not fighting anyone, yet Rigondeaux he has a better resume, skills, achievements already than most of Donaires opponents.

All they do is revert back to Rigondeaux's amateur career and try say it means zilch, its absolute nonsense.
          Rigondeaux is a stylistic nightmare for Donaire, even Nonito pretty much acknowledges this.
          You are one of my favorite poster...I m glad you like it...I post in many other boxing places and in this one is the one that I see less blind Donaire fans...most Donaire fans from this site like that fight..

Comment

Well he has 11 fights to start and hasnt fought anyone worth mentioning

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Could have sworn Donaire knocked out pound 4 pound rated, undefeated and prime Vic Darchynian so bad Vic didn't even know he was knocked out! But I guess that was all timing, somehow Donaire knew that Vic wasn't at his best!

Donaire doesn't get the credit he deserves on NSB for some reason. If you can't tell he's a great fighter, I don't know what to do for you. Rigondeaux stylistically is a problem for ANYONE. But let's not simply assume he'd beat donaire because he's a great boxer. Rigo was hurt pretty bad in his last fight by a far inferior fighter than Donaire. As much as I love Rigondeaux, I honestly can't say he could survive a flush Donaire hook or not.

Donaire vs Rigondeaux is the fight I'm looking forward to the most in 2013. I think it's a fantastic match-up which must be made. No excuses.

Comment

I badly want to see this fight, for me, this is the fight I'm hoping for the most this year. Both these guys are deserving of this fight, they both bring enough to the table already, this fight hopefully won't be over marinaded by the ageing Bob Arum...but who knows with him

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  Well he has 11 fights to start and hasnt fought anyone worth mentioning
                  Did you at leat read it?..come on larry..I explain everything there..

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Could have sworn Donaire knocked out pound 4 pound rated, undefeated and prime Vic Darchynian so bad Vic didn't even know he was knocked out! But I guess that was all timing, somehow Donaire knew that Vic wasn't at his best!

Donaire doesn't get the credit he deserves on NSB for some reason. If you can't tell he's a great fighter, I don't know what to do for you. Rigondeaux stylistically is a problem for ANYONE. But let's not simply assume he'd beat donaire because he's a great boxer. Rigo was hurt pretty bad in his last fight by a far inferior fighter than Donaire. As much as I love Rigondeaux, I honestly can't say he could survive a flush Donaire hook or not.

Donaire vs Rigondeaux is the fight I'm looking forward to the most in 2013. I think it's a fantastic match-up which must be made. No excuses.
                    I think he wasn't talking about Vic...great post..green k..

Comment

Working...
                    X