No announcement yet.

Floyd does not study tape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Breakbeat View Post
    He probably doesn't create a plan in his mind as this would put him into a mental state where if he goes into a fight with a plan and it does not work he would have problems.
    That's a more sensible reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
      you dont actually believe that guy do you? he's one of the most PROVEN liers in the sport, your a dumbass if you fall for what that dumbass says
      I believe he watches fights, but I also believe him when he says he doesn't study tapes to find his opponents' weaknesses to exploit. I never heard him say Roger doesn't watch tapes and give him advice based on what he sees.

Few fighters can actually pull this off. Floyd has game plans for every letter of the alphabet. He adapts like a chameleon, therefore he rightfully believes that trying to pinpoint flaws is a waste of time. He simply prepares himself to fight.

Comment

He watches fights and already knows what a fighter is gonna bring. But i believe he dont watch tapes to prepare a gameplan in the way for example pac and freddie do. He adapts, because things are different in the ring than on tape. But he well knows whos in front of him, his history and what he can bring. Well at least thats what i believe he does.

Comment

He could easily be lying but this happeneds way more then you guys think when it comes to greatness. I know some of the best HS Football coaches dont watch tapes of there opponents and there was one great College team that did the same. They thought it was all about themselves and if they do what they do then everything will be fine.

Its the same as on 24/7 when they were talking about not ever having a strategy. They could flat out be lying but there are some people who dont have stratgies for things. Floyd might just be one of those guys who trains all out, spars, and thats it. Then you go in the ring and just fight and go by what your opponent does. Its still boxing and there is only so much that your opponent can do.

With all that being said, they always have a game plan. I even heard Floyd say it after some fights. He always talks about following the game plan and how Roger told him something. Like against N'Dou I remember him saying that he or Roger felt that they could counter over top his slow jab all night and that was the game plan

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMay1 View Post

Few fighters can actually pull this off. Floyd has game plans for every letter of the alphabet. He adapts like a chameleon, therefore he rightfully believes that trying to pinpoint flaws is a waste of time. He simply prepares himself to fight.

imho. He can adapt 2 anything the opponent does. Because he does everything better.
            Last edited by Bigchill79; 09-26-2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it's a rare occurrence when a fighter completely changes his style of fighting as was the case when Barrera met Hamed.

Barrera's style was almost unrecognizable that night.

That's just how I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                Yeah, it's a rare occurrence when a fighter completely changes his style of fighting as was the case when Barrera met Hamed.

Barrera's style was almost unrecognizable that night.

That's just how I saw it.

this fight is a master piece mab will always be my alltime favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
                  this fight is a master piece mab will always be my alltime favorite.
                  That has to be his best performance, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMay1 View Post
                    I believe he watches fights, but I also believe him when he says he doesn't study tapes to find his opponents' weaknesses to exploit. I never heard him say Roger doesn't watch tapes and give him advice based on what he sees.

As I understand it ... Rodger is the one who studies the opponent and advises Floyd on what to look for.

The same way The Roach, who studies opponents, then tells manny what to do and what to look for.

Not a far-fetched idea when you've been boxing for 20+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
                      i found this interesting maybe thats the reason no one can touch him he free lances it in the ring.
                      And you believe everything he says... Yeah right!!! I bet he doesn't watch many types of Hatton getting ko'd the **** out by pacman either.

Comment

Working...
                      X