No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor: I Should Have Never Been at 168-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
    Yeah both fights would be entertaining. I still would like Taylor to get a couple of tunes up beforehand. Both Martinez and Pirog are very good punchers, so be good to know Taylor goes in to each fight with the confidence to take a punch.
    I know it won't happen but i'm praying he looks like the JT that beat Hopkins. Taylor used to be a beast man. Too bad you can't learn to have a chin though. They should put him in with Pavlik again, he could probably beat him now cause Pavlik is finished.

Comment

That's true, I forget about that. Here's hoping he's got his conditioning in order too!

Comment

He does indeed, I'm still very worried about his chin though.
        Well maybe he has a bad chin now but he took some bombs of Pavlik in their second fight and never got wobbled I'm not sure its his chin,His stamina just makes his defence terrible and I think at super middle he struggled even more with his stamina...
        I love Taylor he is one of my all time favs and I hope he doesn't get hurt anymore and if he could win a world championship again that would be amazing

Comment

i was never too fond of jermain... i thought his style was a bit goofy... but i LOVED his explosiveness.

its always good to see a comeback.

Comment

Taylor needs to walk away just like RJJ needs to walk away. I can't remember a time in the history of boxing when stories like these have a happy ending.

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
              i was never too fond of jermain... i thought his style was a bit goofy... but i LOVED his explosiveness.

its always good to see a comeback.
              Lol at "Goofy" style and you have the same game plan man Khan as a future Goat?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Taylor needs to walk away just like RJJ needs to walk away. I can't remember a time in the history of boxing when stories like these have a happy ending.
                George Foreman comes to mind instantly

Comment

Originally posted by roye'l View Post
                  George Foreman come to mind instantly
                  I guess you can make a case for big George. He was KO'd by Ali and the other guy, but he did come back after like 14 years of resting not a year and a half like Taylor's trying to do.

Comment

That's true, I forget about that. Here's hoping he's got his conditioning in order too!
                    I just hope they dont rush him,let the guy fight 3 times at least before moving him into any title fight,unless of course its Chavez Jr that dude is pure hype but it wont happen cause Chavez only likes to fight bums or guys he know will get robbed in a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                      I just hope they dont rush him,let the guy fight 3 times at least before moving him into any title fight,unless of course its Chavez Jr that dude is pure hype but it wont happen cause Chavez only likes to fight bums or guys he know will get robbed in a decision.
                      Taylor should have two minor fights and then be a "test" for Chavez,Chavez must prove himself and we all know Taylor would Ko chavez in 5

Comment

Working...
                      X