No announcement yet.

Saved by the Bell - and Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved by the Bell - and Winning

5:50 min. into this vid, Ron Lyle is out of his feet against Earnie Shavers in the 2nd round of their 1975 clash. However, the bell tolls to his rescue, and he comes back to finish off Earnie in round six.

The most extreme ‘saved-by-the-bell’-case I can recall at the moment, is Lucian Bute having the advantage of a final round long count against Librado Andrade in 2008.

I've never seen the fight, but I heard Ingo Johansson was almost KO'd in the last round of his last fight against Brian London.

Juanma Lopez barely hung on to beat Rogers Mtagwa.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson was knocked through the ropes by Jake LaMotta in the eighth round of their 2nd fight. The International News Service (INS) reported: "A right to the body and a left to the head knocked Robinson through the ropes in the eighth round. Robinson lay sprawling outside the ring from a hard right to the body and a left to the head and the count was nine when the bell rang, saving the negro lad from a knockout."

Comment

Recently Bradley vs ruslan

Comment

Some others I can recall

Joe mesi vs jirov and Barrett

Morales - manny 1.. Morales won but manny had him out on his feet in the 12th, when morales turned southpaw and manny ripped him.. I also think that round really took something from morales and he never had the same punch resistance or sharpness

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Recently Bradley vs ruslan
            Good one. I was thinking of Martinez-Chavez, but he wasn't really out on his feet at the bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Good one. I was thinking of Martinez-Chavez, but he wasn't really out on his feet at the bell.
              Thanks.

What about Abraham vs Miranda,, I remember that being life and death, but was it last second like the bute Andrade fight.. Can't really remember how the 12th went..

And I think Chavez serg def counts... Serg was nearly out, and like morales in the manny fight, I don't think he was ever the same since that round

Comment

I still believe Douglass was saved by the bell. He's never survived an attack while he was hurt. He gets revived by his corner while Tyson has to wait with a blown up condom shoved in his face and two rounds later the rest is history.

Comment

saw the title and thought it was about the tv show saved by the bell LOL!!! i was like why would anyone talk about this show on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I've never seen the fight, but I heard Ingo Johansson was almost KO'd in the last round of his last fight against Brian London.
                    "I would have stopped the fight if the bell had not saved Johansson. He could not have continued." - Referee Andrew Smythe.

The day after, Sweden's largest morning paper had this classic headline on the front page:
                    WAKE UP, INGO! YOU WON!

Comment

Working...
                    X