Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it still bothers me when haters say pacman CHERRY PICKED a weight drained dela hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
    Look any fighter can "do more". You could say that about any fighter that laced them up. I think Pac's done enough since 2003. If he wants to go up and get bigger money fights vs. bigger names vs. tougher competition my hats off to him how can anyone have a problem with that?. That's what boxing is about. He would be going in as the favourite vs. any 140lber, but underdog vs. top 147, so again whats the big deal?
    The problem is he is trying to (like you said) even the playing field which is not fair, I'm sure Manny cares more about his legacy then money, so if he cleans out 140 and beats Mosley and Cotto at 147, he will probably be considered the G.O.A.T.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
      oscar offered pac the fight. all pac did was except the challenge
      OMG pac had NOTHING to do with it.

it was roach who said he can fight oscar
      are u blind and deaf ?

roach says no, pac doesnt fight him, roach says yes, he does fight him.
      doesnt matter if oscar offered his ass on a plate, it was all roach.

Comment

Right, but how is Marquez perceived right now? As a warrior going up & fighting the bigger guy. No matter how you slice Pac's approach to catch-weighting with the WW's he's going in as an underdog regardless.

If your ok with jmm/floyd at 140 (in the middle of where they each fought last) how is that different that pac/cotto or pac/mosley also in the middle of where they last fought (between 140-147)? I dont understand.
        Because JMM was going to move up to 140 anyway to pursue a third fight with Pacquiao. JMM has no business @ 147.

Cotto looked bad in his last fights @ 140, getting closer to that weight can potentially negatively affect him. Shane hasn't weighed less than 147 in YEARS. It's all a Roach/Arum ploy.

Floyd's walk-around weight is about 150. It shouldn't be a problem for him to make 140.
        But how can Floyd call out 154lbers with all the unfinished business at 147? Pac cleaned out the lineal title at 140, he's got nowhere to go but up now...but he is still a much smaller man than these WW's...so its just trying to level the playing field.

Granted he could go down to 135, but why go down when you can go up?
        Pac hasn't cleaned anything up. He has plenty of fights @ LW and JWW.

Comment

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
          The problem is he is trying to (like you said) even the playing field which is not fair, I'm sure Manny cares more about his legacy then money, so if he cleans out 140 and beats Mosley and Cotto at 147, he will probably be considered the G.O.A.T.
          How is trying to even the playing field not fair? Lol.
          Pac is the man right now so he is able to call the shots. If WWs dont accept then thats fine.

He will never be considered the GOAT.

Comment

Let them hate. Nobody that's walked the planet has pleased everybody in any facet. That's just reality. If your supporters dwarf out the haters that's good enough. If people can unbiasedly hate on Manny for his opponents, wanting to move up, etc. Then they must be bigger haters of Manny than fans of boxing. Thus, i think theyre opinion is irrelevant.
            I know I should let them be, but if they try to belittle Pac's accomplishments for the fact that they just biasedly or unbiasedly hate him, I have a tendency of "teaching these idiots a lesson or two" Its obvious that you can't please everyone but you can sure as hell put them in their place if they don't know what they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
              Because JMM was going to move up to 140 anyway to pursue a third fight with Pacquiao. JMM has no business @ 147.

Cotto looked bad in his last fights @ 140, getting closer to that weight can potentially negatively affect him. Shane hasn't weighed less than 147 in YEARS. It's all a Roach/Arum ploy.

Floyd's walk-around weight is about 150. It shouldn't be a problem for him to make 140.

Pac hasn't cleaned anything up. He has plenty of fights @ LW and JWW.
              JMM has not fought above 135 & that's all there is to it. Had he fought at 140 different story, but he hasn't.

Pac hasn't cleaned out 140 no, but hes lineal champ, and there wasn't any dispute that 140 is hattons division. I agree that Mosley/Cotto shedding weight will effect their performance, but Pac fighting them at 147 is suicidal so I can't blame him. Pac has fights at LW & JWW....all of which he will be favoured to win....so again why not try to level the playying field with bigger guys for more money and still be the underdog.
              Last edited by sandyvahra; 05-22-2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Actually, DLH cherry picked lil Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
                  I know I should let them be, but if they try to belittle Pac's accomplishments for the fact that they just biasedly or unbiasedly hate him, I have a tendency of "teaching these idiots a lesson or two" Its obvious that you can't please everyone but you can sure as hell put them in their place if they don't know what they are talking about.
                  Fair enough, but in all honesty if someone can hate on pac with what he's done since 2003, what he's done for the sport, getting it back in the eye of the public...they arent even worth your response or your typing. Just my opinion though.

Comment

How is trying to even the playing field not fair? Lol.
                    Pac is the man right now so he is able to call the shots. If WWs dont accept then thats fine.

He will never be considered the GOAT.
                    GOAT is just an opinion, but if he were to do that people will say that sadly so will his nuthuggers, it is unfair for the WWs but its fair to Manny because he won't have to cut as much weight as they are used to, I honestly think he isn't able to call the shots, he may be a big draw but not enough to call the shots like DLH was able to (at least not yet).

Comment

Fair enough, but in all honesty if someone can hate on pac with what he's done since 2003, what he's done for the sport, getting it back in the eye of the public...they arent even worth your response or your typing. Just my opinion though.
                      I know what you mean, and sometimes when they type something really stupid, I do just think they are not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X