Kell Brook behind the ropes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    yeah, khytrov might've been good prep

Yeah I was expecting him to be sparring guys like Khytrov & Derevyanchenko (not sure I've got that right ha).
    I'm a bit baffled by him sparring Reece Cartwright (in particular), Liam Smith & the likes for this really.
    Him & his team seem to be really putting the main focus on this whole sports science thing with Hallam University.

It'd be nice for him to even give a good account of himself only I think that is a huge ask. I seriously see GGG ending this almost at will unfortunately.

Comment

fan of brook, is hard not to like him, hope both fighters give good accounts of themselves. Think people are reading into that sparring too much, just like they did with the eubank jr/froch sparring on behind the ropes. Its medium paced, technical sparring. And brook looks in pretty good shape to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Yeah I was expecting him to be sparring guys like Khytrov & Derevyanchenko (not sure I've got that right ha).
        I'm a bit baffled by him sparring Reece Cartwright (in particular), Liam Smith & the likes for this really.
        Him & his team seem to be really putting the main focus on this whole sports science thing with Hallam University.

It'd be nice for him to even give a good account of himself only I think that is a huge ask. I seriously see GGG ending this almost at will unfortunately.
        yeah i like kell and i'm praying this fight doesn't ruin him

i actually think GGG will give him a lot of respect to start with and brook will have some success beating him to punch, which will infuse us all with false hope, and then GGG will turn on the pressure and put a beating on him

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Brook fan and I'd love him to do it, it'd be huge but I just don't see it happening for the life of me. I think he can have some moderate success early, I think the right uppercut in particular is a good weapon for him.

Personally for me its not the natural size difference so much its Brooks tendencies which he is even doing in this short sparring clip (pulling straight back, lazy jab brought back too low, laying on the ropes - big NO!).

I don't think his sparring has been ideal either, a 6ft3 14 fight JMW with minimal amateur experience & another JMW who fights absolutely nothing like Golovkin.
          Should of brought in some good quality Eastern European MWs. The style, the way they position their hands, feet & throw punches are completely different to U.K schooled fighters.
          yeah i agree with the sparring comments, wtfs the point in sparring people with completely different styles.

Comment

my africana bruva bout to go all ape on that euro bum govala

Comment

He looks too big for how he fights.

Lacking the usual quickness and sharpness, but still time to sharpen up.

Ultimately, I don't expect it to matter. He does not belong at MW and when Golovkin starts marching forward, a WW is not keeping him off.

Comment

Unlike Golovkin's opposition to date, Brook has the ability to make this a competitive fight.

Aside from Brook having the speed advantage, he has displayed that he can implement an excellent spoiling strategy. He's going to make this a very ugly fight. If he wins this fight on the outside, Golovkin is going to try to get on the inside and unload, in which case, I fully expect Brook to try to clinch and smother Golovkin on the inside.

He can do it, but how long will he be able to keep it up? The fights against Porter and Jones have tested his conditioning and strength, but he's going to have to show another level to that in addition to the punch resistance to take a few Golovkin shots when they eventually do land.

He's going to take Golovkin into deep waters and we'll see these questions answered. Brook shouldbe the one to get drowned when everything is said and done, but I'd bet the over.

Comment

Working...
                X