Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Razor Ruddock do if he fought today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Razor Ruddock do if he fought today?

I mean if he was around in his pomp today. RR that fought Tyson was hella tough if not hella gifted. Good power - very good power, and plenty of heart. He would be up there amongst contenders, and I would back him to pick up a belt or two.

He will brutally Ko everyone not name Wladimir.

Prime Ruddock would have knocked out Pre-Steward Wladimir. His smash was perfectly in line with Wlad's chin. Pre-Steward Wlad would have gotten knocked out.

I give Steward FULL credit for Wlad's career. Full.

Comment

I never really bought into Ruddock. He could definitely hit, but he was somewhat crude and often unfocused. Ruddock was a big guy in his time, but now he'd be just another big guy. Still, his power and the poor depth in the division now would make him a major player.

Forgotten fact: Chris Byrd was a substitute for Ruddock when he beat Vitali. Ruddock pulled out with an injury, which was nothing new.

Comment

^His injury was hepatitis

To answer the question, he'd be in the mix, but not at the top. Win some, lose some.

Comment

Pre Tyson Ruddock would be the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and would destroy Wlad in the most unholy way imaginable and beat Vitali to a pulp

He would effectively retire both Clinchkos

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
            Pre Tyson Ruddock would be the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and would destroy Wlad in the most unholy way imaginable and beat Vitali to a pulp

He would effectively retire both Clinchkos
            I might disagree with you in regards to Lennox, but I fully agree with your view points in other areas.

SMH at people that forgot just how deadly Razer was.. EVEN the Ruddock that fought Tyson would have brutally ended Pre-Steward Wlad's life.

People forget Wlad got no chin. None. The only reason he was able to keep his glass from shattering a record breaking FOURTH TIME was because of ****ty competition and his grab tactics.

The Ruddock Smash was designed for 6'6 fighters like Wlad..

Even Current Wlad might get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I never really bought into Ruddock. He could definitely hit, but he was somewhat crude and often unfocused. Ruddock was a big guy in his time, but now he'd be just another big guy. Still, his power and the poor depth in the division now would make him a major player.

Agree with this. He tends to get overrated by some. Don't see him taking out the mature versions of either Klitchko.

Comment

He'd squash Povetkin and Helenius, guys like that but i think the Klitschko brothers would both be favourites over him, his right was under developed and he had fairly slow feet. Tough guy with a hammer of a left AKA The Smash!

Comment

Yeah, RR gets a rough deal. He was a tough mofo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

Forgotten fact: Chris Byrd was a substitute for Ruddock when he beat Vitali. Ruddock pulled out with an injury, which was nothing new.
                    besides the k bros huge huge now thats any good? most of the hws now are fat cruisers.

Comment

Working...
                    X