Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch's legacy if he rematches and LOSES to Groves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch's legacy if he rematches and LOSES to Groves?

How damaging would a loss to Groves be?

I bear in mind that froch would be closer to 37 than 36, about the age in which the majority are wrapping up their careers.

It's not like he doesn't have much wear and tear either, do you think people would consider it a fighter past prime being taken out by a young lion?

Of course a lot depends on what Groves goes on to achieve, the more success he has, the less damning a loss for froch

I don't think it would harm it much. Froch struggles against guys with a lot of speed, that much is already obvious. I think he deserves far more credit for the way he is able to still pull results out the bag despite that.

Froch will never really be an all time great fighter but his legacy is set as a true warrior who fought everyone in an era where that is almost never seen.

Comment

Yeah he would be viewed as a bit past his prime beaten by a young guy also it would highlight his weaknesses, he has problem with good movers with fast hands, guys that can nullify or counter his long jab.
      He will probably be regarded as a good champion who took on the best and made the most of his ability, showed great determination.

Comment

Losses don't change what a fighter has already done. Froch losing to Groves in a rematch would not affect his legacy at all.

Comment

Doesnt damage it at all, Froch is beyond reproach. The rematch would only solidify his warrior status further.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I don't think it would harm it much. Froch struggles against guys with a lot of speed, that much is already obvious. I think he deserves far more credit for the way he is able to still pull results out the bag despite that.

Froch will never really be an all time great fighter but his legacy is set as a true warrior who fought everyone in an era where that is almost never seen.
            I consider Froch a british all time great and HOF internationally

Comment

groves didn't fight ward, dirrell, abraham, kessler, taylor

froch is goat win or lose

Comment

I think his legacy is pretty safe and whatever happens from now on, he's had a great career. Especially since he has a fairly limited skill set, is slow and has zero defence.

Yes, Groves totally schooled him, but Froch had the look a bout him from R7-9 that he was just going to walk through any amount of leather to land one on Groves, and when he did, the fight dynamic suddenly changed. I'd expect exactly the same in a rematch. He will eat a lot of leather... maybe even go down again, but he will at some point nail Groves and this time he will KO him properly.

Comment

Working...
                X