No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Fernando Quintero: ROBBERY [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner vs Fernando Quintero: ROBBERY [VIDEO]

I felt Broner got a gift decision against Ponce de Leon. And somewhere I read that he also got a gift decision against a mexican guy earlier in his career. - So I did some research and came up with the name Fernando Quintero: I watched the fight from 2009 (video is below), scored it, and had Quintero winning. It was an 8 rounder and I only gave Broner the 1st and the 3rd round. I scored the 8th round a draw, and all the rest of the rounds I gave to Quintero (7th round being a little bit close).
    My scorecard:
    Adrien Broner vs Fernando Quintero
    Round 4: 9 - 10 Quintero
    Round 5: 9 - 10 Quintero
    Round 6: 9 - 10 Quintero
    Round 7: 9 - 10 Quintero
    Round 8: 10 - 10 Draw

Here is the fight in Good Quality: (post your scorecards in this thread)

Last edited by Salardo; 10-12-2012, 01:24 AM.

ehhh ive seen it, i thought it was a close fight, either direction depending on what u were looking for. quintero did a lot of flailing, but broner landed the harder shots by far. if u want it to be a robbery in favor of broner thats what u will see.

either way that broner and the broner that fights now are two totally different fighters. hes gotten much better since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      Adrien Broner - Fernando Quintero
      Round 1:10:9
      Round 2:9:10
      Round 3:10:9*
      Round 4:9:10*
      Round 5:9:10
      Round 6:9:10
      Round 7:9:10*
      Round 8:10:9
      Final Score:75:77 Quintero, Officially:78:74,77:75,76:76 Broner by Majority Decision
      * - close rounds
      Scoring options:
      77:75 Broner (Scoring all close rounds to him).
      78:74 Quinter (Scoring all close rounds to him).
      Now I saw last two rounds only because I already scored this fight in a past and those last 2 were the only ones that I had differently with Thread starter.
      Anyway, at first I gave 7-th rounds to Broner, now I belive he was outworked and outlanded, so I gave it to Quintero, but I stick to my opinion about 8-th round, I think it might've been Broners best round, he definitely won it.
      However you look at it, Broner was lucky to get a decision, just like he was against De Leon(although you always have to ask yourself whether luck is any factor when highly regarded prospect is getting close decision).
      isnt it funny that Teddy Atlas said in the 7th round that it is "Broner's best round in this fight so far"? I was watching this round and thinking to myself "What is he talking about? Quintero is winning this round".

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        ehhh ive seen it, i thought it was a close fight, either direction depending on what u were looking for. quintero did a lot of flailing, but broner landed the harder shots by far. if u want it to be a robbery in favor of broner thats what u will see.

either way that broner and the broner that fights now are two totally different fighters. hes gotten much better since then.
        I wasnt watching this fight trying to give Quintero the decision. Broner didnt land the harder shots in the fight, actually he missed tons of punches. Broner looked frustrated, he couldnt solve the puzzle Quintero that night. And when you really just score the rounds, I just dont see how you could make a case for Broner winning the fight. I could see giving the last round to Broner somehow, but then I would still have it 5 rounds to 3 for Quintero.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
          I wasnt watching this fight trying to give Quintero the decision. Broner didnt land the harder shots in the fight, actually he missed tons of punches. Broner looked frustrated, he couldnt solve the puzzle Quintero that night. And when you really just score the rounds, I just dont see how you could make a case for Broner winning the fight. I could see giving the last round to Broner somehow, but then I would still have it 5 rounds to 3 for Quintero.
          he definitely landed the harder shots. i dunno how u could even say he didnt. like i said quintero was the busier fighter, but he was throwing and throwing wildly and broner was picking him off with the harder shots. thats what i saw anyways. i didnt think either guy was impressive but i didnt go out thinking the scores were dramatic or anything.

Comment

The hate is strong.

Comment

this was just a sloppy fight for both dudes. neither guy impressed or made any real statement here. I had Quintero winning but solely off of his ability to get inside and completely outwork Broner.

And I do agree that Broner landed the more meaningful punches (Quintero did an awful lot of slapping/flailing) but they were way too few & far between for Broner to get a Decision. It's much easier to give Quintero 5 rounds in this fight than it is Broner.

With that said, Broner has made improvements since this fight, timing being one of the key ones. Bodywork being another. However, he's also making a lot of the same ol mistakes that keep me from buying into the "elite" talk. The bending at the waist, the counterproductive footwork, stationary positioning, the BLATANT offensive inactivity etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                The hate is strong.
                seems so.....

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  I dont care (and Im not sure) if Broner got better since then, but he didnt win that fight. So he is not undefeated, he should have 2 losses on his record (Quintero and Ponce De Leon). its funny how HBO is now trying to make Broner into the new Mayweather while Quintero never boxed again after that fight even though he clearly won the fight against Broner. Thats how the world rolls
                  Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  The hate is strong.
                  for real? post your scorecard of this fight here and we can discuss. Im not into hating Broner, I just pointed out that this is another fight in his past that he simply didnt win.

Comment

i guess the truth is not very popular on boxingscene

Comment

Working...
                    X