Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Timothy Bradley Ducking Devon Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Timothy Bradley Ducking Devon Alexander?

Rumblings in the boxing world suggest that some feel Timothy Bradley is avoiding a fight with Devon Alexander at this point in time. Do you believe Bradley is actually ducking Alexander or do you tend to agree with Bradley's reasoning that they're trying to build up the fight in order to maximize the revenue?
    Y E S - Bradley IS Ducking Alexander
    51.76%
    N O - Bradley Is NOT Ducking Alexander
    41.18%
    Other / Undecided
    7.06%

Although I want them both to get it on, I dont think he is really "ducking" Alexander. He knows that Alexander forms the biggest threat and wants tofight him at the very end for a big money fight.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      Although I want them both to get it on, I dont think he is really "ducking" Alexander. He knows that Alexander forms the biggest threat and wants tofight him at the very end for a big money fight.
      It makes sense in some ways, but there is a scenario where if they wait too long one of them could move up a division permanently. Of course they could both move up so another possibility is if they fought now at 140lb, they might rematch down the road at 147. Same goes for Khan, Maidana and Ortiz. They could all potentially have rematches at a higher weight later on in their careers and possibly for more money, depending on their status at the time.

Comment

He just wants as much money as possible for a fight he thinks will be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post

Remember when Khan said maidana and I both need a couple of fights to make the fight huge? well people took it differently and said he was ducking. Well look bradley is doing the same thing here he wants the fight to get bigger. So does that make bradley a ducker?

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
            Remember when Khan said maidana and I both need a couple of fights to make the fight huge? well people took it differently and said he was ducking. Well look bradley is doing the same thing here he wants the fight to get bigger. So does that make bradley a ducker?
            people are idiots on this board. amir waits to fight maidana for more money and Amir is called a ducker. But bradley does the same, he actually goes to far lengths by vacating his WBC title (that Alexander now has) so he wouldn't have to fight his WBC mandataory which was Alexander at the time. and bradley is called smart.

IDIOTS.

Comment

Bradley respects Devon so if he fights him, he wants it to be for the big unification bouts after Khan's chin betrays him against Devon or himself.

He doesn't respect Khan, it's not smart; he might be in for a surprise once he fights Khan and finds that Khan's handspeed is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
                He just wants as much money as possible for a fight he thinks will be tough.
                I know what you mean although that type of projection does entail certain risks. I think if they fought now, the demand for the fight is enough to possibly make it among the biggest paydays to date for both of them.

Comment

Its obvious what it is....Bradley feels the biggest threat is Devon Alexander and he feel that him and Devon are the two best so after they wipe out rest of the division including Ortitz, Khan and Maidana...they will face each other and at that point it will be a huge payday...Timothy is chasing the Manny Pacquiao/Mayweather money, but ducking no...does he feel that it's a chance alexander can beat him? yes

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                    I know what you mean although that type of projection does entail certain risks. I think if they fought now, the demand for the fight is enough to possibly make it among the biggest paydays to date for both of them.
                    lol, fam...anybody he faces will be his biggests payday to date, he's going to get paid more, the more he wins and faces more and more credible opponents...he's not worrying about the biggest paydate to date, he's TRYING TO GET THE BIGGEST PAYDAY POSSIBLE IN HIS WHOLE CAREER EVER

Comment

Working...
                    X