No announcement yet.

Gloves: Lace up vs. Hook and Loop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves: Lace up vs. Hook and Loop

Im gonna buy some good training gloves, those cheap ones in the stores suck. Lace up gloves are a pain in the ass, but are they better than the hook and loop in some way?

I like lace up gloves for sparring they feel better my bag gloves are hook n loop so I can take em on and off easy but for training Im use to the tight firm support of the laces- I have reyes and title training lace up gloves,and ringside imf bag gloves hooknloop

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleUp View Post
      I like lace up gloves for sparring they feel better my bag gloves are hook n loop so I can take em on and off easy but for training Im use to the tight firm support of the laces- I have reyes and title training lace up gloves,and ringside imf bag gloves hooknloop
      I guess I shouldve specified BAG gloves. The sparring gloves would have to be different because I think my gym only allows sparring with 16oz gloves.

Comment

I notice much more hand and wrist support in lace ups, for that reason I just got a second pair or 16oz long cuff Rival sparring gloves and use those. I never really liked the idea of bag gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          I guess I shouldve specified BAG gloves. The sparring gloves would have to be different because I think my gym only allows sparring with 16oz gloves.
          Most gyms require 16oz for sparring but i recomend that for the bag too cuz 16ox is excacly one pound so its better to use a heavier glove so come fight time ur hand feel lighter and quicker,u should get ur bag glove in hooknloop cuz ur gonna want to drink something or do something without having to find someone to lace em on-off

Comment

Lace ups for the bag? what a hastle that would be. you are going to have to ask people in your gym to lace them up every time you go in. I have hook and loop training gloves for sparring, never mind for the bag. They arent better in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
              Lace ups for the bag? what a hastle that would be. you are going to have to ask people in your gym to lace them up every time you go in. I have hook and loop training gloves for sparring, never mind for the bag. They arent better in anyway.
              Yea thats im thinkin, but all the top fighters in my gym use the lace ups for bag use. Thats why I thought they might be better.

Comment

WTF is hook and loop? I use velcro Top Ten's.

Comment

laces are better. more wrist protection. and for my case, i wear the handwrap gauze and its pretty hard to fit it in a hook and loop glove..but with a lace up, the size of the wrist of the glove is adjustable so my hand fits in it perfectly. and if your trainin in the gym theres always someone you can ask to lace em up for you so lacin aint that big of a problem

Comment

You get them benefits with a velcro glove too which you can put on yourself. Do they not have velcro in the States?

Comment

Working...
                    X