Collapse
No announcement yet.

prime barrera vs pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrera was prepared just fine, it was just a terrible style matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Barrera was prepared just fine, it was just a terrible style matchup.
      Go watch more of him. Just like you could see when your favourite fighters aren't all there through having seen their fights over and over, it becomes very easy to see when things aren't working as well and that spark of intensity that separates their great performances from their lesser ones is missing. That night, his was missing.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        He was right in the middle of his prime, however, having been a long time, big Barrera fan he was definitely not there in that fight. It's not an excuse, it's an analysis of what happened.

Barrera was clearly, and any Barrera fan could see this, not as well prepared mentally for this as he was for his biggest fights ie. Morales, Hamed etc. He had given that fight up utterly by the 7th, 8th round. In fact I'd say he gave up the moment he got knocked down.

It ruined him. He just didn't turn up. You could see it after the first knock down. He had a defeated look straight away. It was a problem for him throughout his career as he would sometimes not come in mentally prepared and it was such a different fighter. It looked to me as if he thought "Oh man, let's just get this over. This could be a long night". There was no fire there that night and whether that was because of all the interruptions or not I don't know. What I do know is that it was a prime Barrera but it was not a mentally prepared Barrera. It might not have changed the fight at all though. I think he would have done much, much, much better but who knows...

I think if it was the guy from the first Morales fight, it would have been a completely different fight. He could have definitely won that fight.

it was the speed as much as the power

barerra looked like an old man by the end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Go watch more of him. Just like you could see when your favourite fighters aren't all there through having seen their fights over and over, it becomes very easy to see when things aren't working as well and that spark of intensity that separates their great performances from their lesser ones is missing. That night, his was missing.
          Of course he didn't have his usual intensity he was getting killed and didn't have any answers.

I have seen at least 90% of Barrera's fights since he first became a champion

Comment

Working...
          X