No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vazquez Jr. Hungry To Achieve Goal of Facing The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vazquez Jr. Hungry To Achieve Goal of Facing The Best

By Jake Donovan - It’s not the fight Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. had in his sights when he began training camp several months ago. Still, the second generation former champ is grateful for any chance at redemption.

The news of Rafael Marquez twice pulling out of a scheduled date was disheartening, but the rescheduled October 6 show was salvaged when Jonathan Oquendo agreed to face Vazquez Jr. Rather than a continuation of the long-running in-ring rivalry between Puerto Rico and Mexico, it’s an all-Boricua battle this weekend in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

“I think everybody deserves a chance and Oquendo gets his chance but I’m training hard to win this fight on my way to a world title shot,” stated Vazquez Jr. (21-2-1, 18KO) of this weekend’s bout. “I fought the best at 122 lb and have learned so much.” [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Jake Donovan - It’s not the fight Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. had in his sights when he began training camp several months ago. Still, the second generation former champ is grateful for any chance at redemption.

The news of Rafael Marquez twice pulling out of a scheduled date was disheartening, but the rescheduled October 6 show was salvaged when Jonathan Oquendo agreed to face Vazquez Jr. Rather than a continuation of the long-running in-ring rivalry between Puerto Rico and Mexico, it’s an all-Boricua battle this weekend in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

“I think everybody deserves a chance and Oquendo gets his chance but I’m training hard to win this fight on my way to a world title shot,” stated Vazquez Jr. (21-2-1, 18KO) of this weekend’s bout. “I fought the best at 122 lb and have learned so much.” [Click Here To Read More]
    after the successful tune up with that lady in the mall i think hes ready to take on the elites...

Comment

Wv2 has no amauter background and has fought and gave good fights to opponents he will improve and be a champion again

Comment

he'd b giving up some wt but I 'd like WV2 2 box chris John...never happen the way John hides in Asia vs mediocre opposition...

Comment

He can be a little off sometimes but I like WV2..... He has heart

Comment

I would like a Arce/WV2 rematch one of these days, that was a great fight

Comment

Vazquez Jr is gonna beat the S H I T out of Oquendo & I wouldn't be surprised if he knocks Oquendo the Fuk out!

Comment

Is this fight going to be televised??

Comment

Wasn't it Oquendo that was rumored to have KOed Juanma in sparring before the one of the Salido bouts?

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    Wv2 has no amauter background and has fought and gave good fights to opponents he will improve and be a champion again
                    It's real impressive to me, no amateur exp, goes for the title before his 20th fight. Then after getting upset by Arce (no shame, gave a good fight, stopped on his feet), he signs up for a surefire KO/retirement by Donaire. Then overachieves again, and shows some smarts, defense and jab. He doesn't seem that cool outside the ring tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X