Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Broner ever move to 140 while its still loaded?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are we asking if he is moving to his 3rd weight division?
    He compares himself to Floyd, who did move up divisions.
    He says he will do more than Floyd, which could be taking on his 3rd weight class while all the big names are there.
    Do big things for his career.
    So I don't see the hate in this question? It is a very good one.

Comment

He needs to establish himself at lightweight before moving up to make the big money. Exposing DeMarco means little.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Tyson23 View Post
        Mattyhse just KO'ed all time great Sugar Mike Dallas, and Henry Ajose Olusegun.
        Exactly while Garcia was Ko'ing Erik the Dinosaur Morales. The big names at 140 haven't even fought eachother yet but everyone is blaming Broner already.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Why would he need to move up, theres no Rees at 140
          lol, theres technically no nobuhiro ishida at mw but that didnt stop pirog and golovkin from making it the case

Comment

It's that stupid ass pound for pound list, his mouth and the Floyd comparisons.

Luckily Al Haymon is one of the best in the business and knows how to properly manage a career of a young fighter.

Comment

Since when has it EVER been a mandated requirement in boxing to jump thru weight classes and take on fighters outside of your division?

Can't seen to recall people chiding Hagler for not moving up and facing Spinks. Or doing the same to Monzon for not moving up and facing Bob Foster etc. etc.

In the instances of a potential superfight, i can see a demand being made. But none exist at 140 for Broner. And i'm pretty positive that Broner wouldn't hesitate to accept a fight offer from Marquez or Pacquiao if the olive branch was extended. He'd be a fool not to.

Btw, if you look at some of the fight night weights of a few of the boxers you've named, a similar question can posed to them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Luckily Al Haymon is one of the best in the business and knows how to properly manage a career of a young fighter.
                Good post.
                Haymon will keep Broner down the right/wrong path.

Comment

I voted yes, based solely on the fact that sooner or later he's going to have to move up. The pressure, and demand will be too high, and I think Broner is just kocky enough to take on SOME challenges at 140, but not all.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Yeah, like Berto. Bum, bum, bum, overwhelmed, bum, steroids, overwhelmed.

I know what you mean though.

Comment

Broner is doing the whole floyd routine.

Strategic movement within boxing divisions and let everybody beat each other up and swoop in to pick up the pieces.

Sort of like Floyd retiring after the hatton fight when 147 was the deepest and hottest in all of boxing.

he's following floyd's footstep to a tee.

Comment

Working...
                      X