Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: AIBA Executive, Two Refs Punished At 2012 Summer Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: AIBA Executive, Two Refs Punished At 2012 Summer Olympics

By Jake Donovan - Continued controversy in the world of amateur boxing has led to a major shakeup, including at the executive level of the AIBA.

An Olympic official was suspended, while another was shown the door along with the AIBA President, according a statement from the AIBA on Thursday morning.

Years of corruption and controversy in amateur boxing have reached a boiling point in the 2012 Summer Olympics, leading to the expulsion of AIBA International Technical Official Aghajan Abiyev, effective immediately. [Click Here To Read More]

How about that fighter from iran that was unfairly eliminated from the olympics? Does he get to come back? Ummm no

So much corruption the last 2 days

Comment

I don't know why boxing is so corrupt on all levels

but it's good to see the AIBA crack down.

Comment

What about the judges that gave him credit for 10 punches landed while flipping arouns the entire round?

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

AIBA is the main crook

Comment

Glad they overturned that decision and gave it to the japanese guy. The ref got terminated but what about the judges? they should make their exits as well. No way that other guy won even if it went the distance!

Comment

There wasn't much that could have been done for Mezahari because he was disqualified in the middle of Rd 2, it would have been difficult to reinstate him, and they couldn't have had a rematch lol so the only outcome was making an example of that idiot referee.

And what is this, no investigation into the Joshua fight? Why is that?! :P

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

It's freakin' disgusting, especially since the Olympics is supposedly all about the "spirit of competition." In the pros, corruption is all about money. It's almost intrinsic to the sport. Doesn't make it right, but at least the losing boxer gets paid. In the amateurs, most of these kids will never fight a pro bout. They work their butts off for the glory of their country and personal satisfaction/recognition. After it's all over, most will never be heard from again. It's criminal to take away their one moment in life to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                  Glad they overturned that decision and gave it to the japanese guy. The ref got terminated but what about the judges? they should make their exits as well. No way that other guy won even if it went the distance!
                  The judging has been a travesty for decades. From home town favoritism (as we've already seen in London) to politically motivated prejudice. In the case of a Cuban judge, for instance, I'm always leery that they'll lean favorably towards a Cuban fighter and unfavorably towards a U.S. fighter. There are many other examples of national rivalries I'm sure I'm unaware of. Not everyone does it, but it happens way too often. I hope some day there's a solution.

Comment

Those dude are just flat out wrong. The olympics is every 4 years man these kids and young men don't even get the chance for a quick rematch or anything. I can't stand and have no sympathy for people who mess with kids

Comment

Working...
                    X