Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does Kovalev last against Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does Kovalev last against Calzaghe?

I think Krusher manages to last the distance and loses a wide UD or maybe a late stoppage by Joe. Last night Kov showed he could be countered and he's never fought anyone with the blazing hand speed of Calzaghe, Joe also had massively underrated chin and power and we all know he had probably the greatest work rate of any lt heavy in recent memory. I think he just smothers Kov with his punches and doesn't let him get off.

This would be Calzaghe versus Lacy all over again

CalSlappy knocks him clean out in a round, maybe two.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      CalSlappy knocks him clean out in a round, maybe two.
      It's possible that Joe makes Kov look like another Mario Veit and blows him away but I think Kov has just enough of a chin to last some rounds. I see absolutely no way Kov can win this fight outside of a crooked ref and letting Kov foul his way to a decision win.

Comment

http://http://youtu.be/9fz1qOHh0MM

Damn forgot just how quick he was. Lightening speed.

Comment

if its the Calzaghe at the end of his career who fought Hopkins/Jones at LHW then Kovalev would stop Joe late on, his punch resisitance was beginning to slip at this point and Kovalev would catch him sooner or later

Its a SMW prime Calzaghe then im going by a unanimous Calzaghe decision with both guys touching canvas. Calzaghe had an Iron chin in his prime when looking at the Eubank/Reid/Mitchell fights and Kovalev has been known to get sloppy technically. Overall Joes speed and work rate would match Kovalevs aggression and power not to mention the southpaw stance would play a minor but important role on stopping Kovalev from getting in as easy as he has against other opponents.
          I see Calzaghe getting KO
          Last edited by 285Kid; 03-15-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Calzaghe fought a big puncher in Kessler and he took his power just fine. And Kessler could punch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Calzaghe fought a big puncher in Kessler and he took his power just fine. And Kessler could punch.
              Have to agree with Kev. Calzaghe has a massively underrated chin just because he was dropped a few times people think he's glass jawed. What the haters never admit was Joe was never badly hurt ever in his entire career and he did fight some real power punchers and took their shots. I could see Kov hurting him but not badly and no way he stops Joe ever.

Comment

a prime kessler would not last 5 rounds with kov stop it! Calzaghe doesn't see 12.

Comment

kovalev is twice the puncher kessler is. maybe more. kessler never knocked out anyone very good. kovalev is ko'ing top guys or knocking them down and nearly out. calzaghe fought completely square and was so easy to hit. easy ko for kovalev. his resume's already better than calzaghe's and his performances are also much better. he left him in the dust.

Comment

Kovalev is already a legend in the boxing world. Calzaghe only has fans in the U.K. Kovalev breaks him down easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X