Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No physical needed to get USA Boxing passport / license?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No physical needed to get USA Boxing passport / license?

Hello,

I have recently begun training boxing again (4x per week w/ a trainer for the last two months). I trained years ago casually but am now taking it more seriously with the goal of doing a sanctioned amateur fight in the next year.

I am in Chicago and noticed our state IL got suspended from USA Boxing so Chicago residents are supposed to register with the Wisconsin region. Well I applied to the WI region thru the USA boxing website and I now have my "passport".

I am a little surprised though because articles online always say you have to get a physical before you get your boxing license. But it seems like this isn't the case? (at least in the WI region?)... unless you are in the masters division where it does seem to be required. I just turned 30 so not in the masters division. :-)

Is this basically "it"?

Originally posted by bellemastiff View Post
    Hello,

I have recently begun training boxing again (4x per week w/ a trainer for the last two months). I trained years ago casually but am now taking it more seriously with the goal of doing a sanctioned amateur fight in the next year.

I am in Chicago and noticed our state IL got suspended from USA Boxing so Chicago residents are supposed to register with the Wisconsin region. Well I applied to the WI region thru the USA boxing website and I now have my "passport".

I am a little surprised though because articles online always say you have to get a physical before you get your boxing license. But it seems like this isn't the case? (at least in the WI region?)... unless you are in the masters division where it does seem to be required. I just turned 30 so not in the masters division. :-)

Is this basically "it"?
    Yup. They recommend you get cleared by your doctor before practicing boxing. However, before and after every sanctioned bout you will be briefly checked by a doctor.

Comment

Your the "owner", "management" and "participant"!! Theres alot of responsibilty to be a fighter/boxer! Make sure your right when picking someone to match you up responsibly at a show!! Its ALL on you! Ray.

Comment

OK, Thanks guys, good advice.

Comment

Working...
        X