No announcement yet.

Comics and Graphic Novels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Have you read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth? Not the adaptation of the video game but the book itself from 1989 with amazing artwork by Dave McKean?

That one has to be in any round-up of Batman work.
    Yes, indeed, great story. You know, the first time I read this book, knowing very little about it mind you, I wasn't feeling it too much. It wasn't till I revisited it a few months later that I was blown away by it. Grant Morrison writes amazing Batman stories, not sure if you're familiar with his huge run on Batman which will end pretty soon, but it's probably the best Batman run ever.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Yes, indeed, great story. You know, the first time I read this book, knowing very little about it mind you, I wasn't feeling it too much. It wasn't till I revisited it a few months later that I was blown away by it. Grant Morrison writes amazing Batman stories, not sure if you're familiar with his huge run on Batman which will end pretty soon, but it's probably the best Batman run ever.
      I was pretty upset over the treatment of Damian but you're right it has been a stellar run thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
        I was pretty upset over the treatment of Damian but you're right it has been a stellar run thus far.
        For real, Damian was my favorite character during the run, it was heart breaking.

By far my favorite part of the run.

Comment

My goodness. You lot are on that heavy duty graphic novels.

One of my current favs. Sunken Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            For real, Damian was my favorite character during the run, it was heart breaking.

By far my favorite part of the run.
            Yesss Morrison's stint on B&R was my favorite also. Dick Grayson Batman was a lot of fun and Damian really grew on me, and quickly became my second favorite character in DC. It's funny how inconsistent his dialogue was in Batman & Son but Grant has really captured his voice throughout the years and really nailed it on Batman with this big, epic story. I have a sneaking suspicion Ra's is behind everything, and while even though he's technically Talia's prisoner he is still the chessmaster. Manipulating events from the background unbeknownst to Talia.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
              Yesss Morrison's stint on B&R was my favorite also. Dick Grayson Batman was a lot of fun and Damian really grew on me, and quickly became my second favorite character in DC. It's funny how inconsistent his dialogue was in Batman & Son but Grant has really captured his voice throughout the years and really nailed it on Batman with this big, epic story. I have a sneaking suspicion Ra's is behind everything, and while even though he's technically Talia's prisoner he is still the chessmaster. Manipulating events from the background unbeknownst to Talia.
              Yeah Dick-Bats...pause.... was a refreshing take on the Batman lore. Not to mention Professor Pyg was an awesomely demented character. I could very well see that happening and have thought it'll end similarly.

What do you think about Scott Snyder? I think his Black Mirror arch was superb and he's been killing it ever since. I'm really liking the Zero Year arch. Greg Capullo is a monster!
              Last edited by _original_; 07-20-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                What do you read, what do you like, and why am I talking about this geeky shit?

Havent really been into any as of late, but have been really considering the Judge Dredd series.

Comment

theres this one im interested, its for children but its dark and weird, i forgot his name.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X