Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny fought the more riskier fights by far.

and has risked his life in the ring 18 more times in the ring and been fighting at world title level since 1997

Comment

This is just my opinion but the only risky fights pacquiao took were cotto and jmm. But with cotto they removed some of the risk with the catch weight. I never thought slow margarito had a chance. Plus they wouldnt let him fight at his normal weight either. Bradley would have been a risk but they were saying he had no power before the fight. So they didn't think it was a risk themselves. The only risk they acknowledge was a headbutt.

Comment

Manny & it isn't even really debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by The904star View Post
          This is just my opinion but the only risky fights pacquiao took were cotto and jmm. But with cotto they removed some of the risk with the catch weight. I never thought slow margarito had a chance. Plus they wouldnt let him fight at his normal weight either. Bradley would have been a risk but they were saying he had no power before the fight. So they didn't think it was a risk themselves. The only risk they acknowledge was a headbutt.
          Is that right?? Then I guess Floyd hasn't taken not a 1?? Correct??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Manny & it isn't even really debatable.
            Apparently it is BB.
            24 have it in favour of Manny, but 11 think its about the same or in favour of Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              Answer me a question though, the whole word in 2011 was saying that Shane Mosley was shot, Pacfans, Floyd Fans, Boxing Media....

So Pac has a choice of fighting Mosley, Berto (Undefeated WBO champ at the time), and Paul Williams who was saying he would come down in weight....

Why did Manny fight Mosley?
              You know what, don't use the Punisher as a fighter Manny ducked, cause Floyd ducked him too. How you gonna use the Punisher as an example of a fighter Pacman ducked? The last time I checked Floyd didn't want none neither.

Comment

Come on people. Pacquiao was a last minute guy against Ledwaba. He was supposed to be another name for Barrera. He fought three risky fights against Juan Manuel Marquez, I'm not going to count the third fight but others have. He was a horrendous cherry pick by Oscar. His first real fight at welterweight against Cotto, even with the catchweight, was riskier than any Floyd ever fought at the weight until Mosley.

Pac fought much riskier fights, far more often.

Comment

Pac has taken the riskier fights. Although, I still can't stomach the fact that he made Cotto (the current champion) come down in weight after fighting DLH at the full welter limit, absolutely disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
                    Pac has taken the riskier fights. Although, I still can't stomach the fact that he made Cotto (the current champion) come down in weight after fighting DLH at the full welter limit, absolutely disgusting.
                    pac, after only ONE fight at 135, skipped JWW and fought delahoya at WW but came in only at 142.

so yeah, he's been fully tested at WW and had a huge advantage over cotto LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      You know what, don't use the Punisher as a fighter Manny ducked, cause Floyd ducked him too. How you gonna use the Punisher as an example of a fighter Pacman ducked? The last time I checked Floyd didn't want none neither.
                      LMAOOO...Oh don't make me seem like some type of F-l-o-m-o...

Floyd ran like the wind from Paul Williams, and his fans defended it saying that he would have beat Williams anyways.

Comment

Working...
                      X