No announcement yet.

Boxing is a dying sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing is a dying sport

The difference in skills between the old fighters and the young fighters is frightening.All these young guys really are bums and one dimensional.
    When the best fighters are well over 33 with no one really promising to take over you have to start asking questions.
    We have Benard Hopkins
    Floyd Mayweather
    Manuel Marquez
    Manny Pacquiao
    The Klitschkos
    Shane Mosley
    Martinez

These are old fighters who will be gone soon.To be honest I do not see any young fighters who possess these guys' skill set and that's worrying.

Does anyone think otherwise because without the skilled people boxing is dying.

Wow, this is one of the few "boxing is dying" threads that actually has a point...

But ask any boxing historian, and they'll tell u, that's always been the case

few people give the "Next Gen" guys the same props they give the guys that're fighting now...

Louis beat Ali... Ali beats Tyson... Tyson beats the Klitchkos...

Robinson beats Leonard... Leonard beats De La Hoya... De La Hoya beats Pacquiao/Mayweather (this one's argued over more than the other ones, but still a legit opinion... Far from crazy)

The biggest problem is that they're aren't enough Olympic Gold Medalists turning pro...

Those guys r Gold medalists for a reason... They should turn pro, and pick up the sport. Most of the top "next gen" up and coming guys today aren't even Olympians, barring Amir Khan, and look how exciting he is
    Last edited by JDezi4; 09-18-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

I thought Pac and the Klits was a one-dimensional bums in your mind?
      Last edited by Bring It On; 09-18-2011, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
        I thought Pac and the Klits was a one-dimensional bum in your mind?
        They are still better than the young guys.Bums on an 'all time great scale' not current

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post

The biggest problem is that they're aren't enough Olympic Gold Medalists turning pro...

Those guys r Gold medalists for a reason... They should turn pro, and pick up the sport. Most of the top "next gen" up and coming guys today aren't even Olympians, barring Amir Khan, and look how exciting he is
          good point but why is that? do you know they are coming to pro boxing?

Comment

IDK... Maybe becuz they can't in there country... Or maybe becuz they have other, more immediate careers lined up... Or maybe its becuz they don't feel that they're amateur style is good enough for the pros.... I have no clue... I know I would if I won gold

Comment

Working...
            X