Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof- where is the Internet Boxing Community located ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof- where is the Internet Boxing Community located ?

Hey guys,
    I have over 100.000 video views on my youtube channel "TakingOnTyson" and I only have Boxing Videos uploaded. I wanted to share the insight data of my video views with you guys cause I think it is interesting.- As you can see in the picture, only about 10 per cent of the Boxing Fans are female. It also shows that most boxing fans are between 25 and 45 years old. Furthermore the top 3 countries who watched my boxing videos are USA, the Phillipines and the United Kingdom.
    Within the USA, California is responsible for the most views. In Africa, most views come from the country South Africa. But most importantly, the graphic shows that compared to the other continents, almost NOBODY is watching (boxing) youtube videos in South America and Africa. As you can see in the graphic, on the day on which the videos peaked, all continents had between 5000 ("5k") and 20000 ("20k") views, but South America and Africa only had about 100 views on that day.- That just tells us how poor people are there and not a lot people have internet in Africa and South America.

Just watch for yourself. Of course it is true that I have those 100.000 video views on my channel for 2 Pacquiao-Mosley videos. So let's just say the data shows us where the pple come from who are interested in this fight.
    I just wanted to share this with you cause I thought some of you might be interested in it. For those who are not interested, just move on to another thread.
    Here is the picture: (click the bar to watch the full picture)
    Last edited by BRITISH LlON; 04-06-2011, 07:47 AM.

Cali, Texas, Florida, NY, Illinois.

Sounds about right.

Here's the results of some other recent boxing fan research.

The best posters in boxingscene are from the following states (in order)

1) Florida (with a strong emphasis on South and North Florida)
    2,3,4,5,6- Cali (emphasis on LA area), New York (NYC obviously), Texas (Houston), Illinois(Chicago), Pennsylvania (Philly)

7-51, everyone else and Puerto Rico

Comment

interesting stuff bro

Comment

It depends with the site in question.The stats for boxingscene are different to your stats.I've used Alexa to analyse boxing scene before and found different stats altogether.What you have on you tube could be popular in certain countries than others then maybe say east side boxing could be having interest from Europeans while fight hype could offer something else to certain countries.

You tube suggests videos to people if it thinks those people will like the videos.If you didnt watch boxing and a few people near where you live watch boxing you tube will suggest boxing videos and if you respond they suggest more.Basically your findings only reflect the fans who frequent your videos not the online boxing community.What makes it worse is it's mainly people in the developing countries who still care about Tyson.

Comment

I wouldn't know, caz youtube is racist against me, i got 7,230 page views but only 23 subscribers, youtube blocks my webpage was being subbed it seems, 30,000 video views. And they tell pretty girls not to talk to me, than hook up another worthless loser, w/ the girl they told not to talk to me, just the most disgusting racist ***** you ever seen.

RicanBoxing
          Videos Uploaded: 161
          Video Views: 29,041
          Favorites: 395

Channel Type:
          Channel Views: 7,230
          Subscribers: 23

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
            It depends with the site in question.The stats for boxingscene are different to your stats.I've used Alexa to analyse boxing scene before and found different stats altogether.What you have on you tube could be popular in certain countries than others then maybe say east side boxing could be having interest from Europeans while fight hype could offer something else to certain countries.

You tube suggests videos to people if it thinks those people will like the videos.If you didnt watch boxing and a few people near where you live watch boxing you tube will suggest boxing videos and if you respond they suggest more.Basically your findings only reflect the fans who frequent your videos not the online boxing community.What makes it worse is it's mainly people in the developing countries who still care about Tyson.
            well actually youtube suggests videos to you which are similar to the ones you searched and watched earlier. And the videos u see on the right while watching a vid on youtube have similar tags in the description. so basically- if pple from africa or south america wanted to fight those pacquiao-mosley fight camp videos, they could have searched for them, using the "sort by -date added" function. but as u see only a handful of pple from those 2 continents watched the vids while many thousands from all the other continents watched them.

Comment

There are youtube videos dedicated for different countries as well. When people from Germany are searching for boxing videos are not gonna find your videos because they don't use the same letters etc.

So the views of the world are probably not that accurate.

Comment

wow so much trolls from the philippines. tangina.

Comment

BoxingScene.com is ranked #9,654 in the world according to the three-month Alexa traffic rankings. The site's content places it in the “News and Media” category. Visitors to the site spend approximately 50 seconds on each pageview and a total of nine minutes on the site during each visit. The site is based in the US. While approximately 36% of visitors to Boxingscene.com come from the US, where it is ranked #4,760, it is also popular in the Philippines, where it is ranked #550.

Comment

Can't some countries not view videos from other countries?

Comment

Working...
                    X