Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Wlad Klitschko rule the entire Boxing World if weight classes were abolished?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Wlad Klitschko rule the entire Boxing World if weight classes were abolished?

Imagine if a Central Boxing Authority were formed and abolished all weight classes, and everyone had to compete with everyone. Imagine, no more affirmative action for smaller, inferior fighters.

I would imagine that a Wladimir Klitschko Vs Floyd Mayweather fight would be too unfair. Hayden Panettiere would laugh her ass off ringside thinking to herself, "Haha, I'm almost big enough to kick this guys ass".

You would have to make it a 2 on 1 handicap match on PPV, with Manny and Floyd temporarily joining forces as the "The Team of rivals", just to make it competitive . I do believe they would be able to topple him with Floyd keeping Wlad occupied by posing with his shoulder roll, while Manny unloads on him with flurry, combination punching. I don't think this would be beneath the collective brain power of Bob Arum and Richard Schaefer.
    Last edited by cupocity303; 01-05-2015, 02:08 AM.

Hell NO!

Someone always got someone ticket on any givin night.

Comment

Wlad would struggle to control the HW division if the refs did their job

A large part of Wlads wins since his chin was exposed have come by way of clinching and leaning

Comment

People will call me crazy for saying this, but Andre Ward would give him trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
          People will call me crazy for saying this, but Andre Ward would give him trouble.

you crazy for saying that. ward would get thrown around like a ragdoll whne he fought inside. wladimir would drape a shoulder over him instantly. on the outside he gives up close to a foot in reach to a guy with a great jab who is 250 lbs, and 6'6".

Comment

An interesting question would be. if vladamir was a welterweight, would he be anywhere near as successful?

Once you take out his size advantage, the answer is an obvious no.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
              An interesting question would be. if vladamir was a welterweight, would he be anywhere near as successful?

No, this is not a better question. In fact, it speaks volumes that you have to handicap a fighter and downsize into a little man in order to justify whatever point you're trying to make.

It's like saying would Shaquile O'neal be as great of a basketball player (or Center) if he wasn't 7 foot 2. No you nitwit, it's part of his identity. He can't play like Kobe Bryant but Kobe couldn't guard him or keep him from scoring if his life depended on it.
              Last edited by cupocity303; 11-03-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

P.S. Red K given for faulty logic.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post

Would Floyd Mayweather be so succesfull without his speed and reflex? The answer is an obvious no.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                    No, this is not a better question. In fact is speaks volumes that you have to handicap a fighter and turn him into a little man in order to justify whatever point you're trying to make.

It's like saying would Shaquile O'neal be as great of a basketball player (or Center) if he wasn't 7 foot 2. No you nitwit, it's part of his identity. He can't play like Kobe Bryant but Kobe couldn't guard him or keep him from scoring if his life depended on it.
                    Wow no need to bite my head off. I think it is a better question still, because the idea of no weight classes is stupid. Of course vlad would still dominate, thats why hardly anyone in the smaller weight classes challenges him. Otherwise they would be doing it.

The only point I was making is his size gives him an unfair advantage and it would be interesting to see him against someone he can't lean on all night who has a comparative skill level.

Comment

Working...
                    X