No announcement yet.

Wilder should fight the winner of Mitchell vs Banks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeromyM View Post
    I think Bryant Jennings could beat Mitchell and Banks. Wilder has a big punch....just not sure any of the three can handle it. Don't see Wilder fighting anyone remotely dangerous til 2014.
    This dude nailed it. Honestly, Jennings would probably be better suited as a cruiserweight, but still he's certainly proved himself at this weight more than Wilder has. I'd love to see Jennings against the likes of Chrisora, Price, Fury, Wilder, etc.

Comment

I think Wilder could beat both Mitchell and Banks, but the best fights would be vs Jennings or Arreola!

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
        This should happen but it won't. GB babies their fighters hard.
        Maybe it's a HW division Klitschko-era mentality? Feed HWs journeymen until they get a title fight with Wlad?

I hope this is not a growing trend for young GB fighters. After all, Oscar the Golden Boy himself fought for his first title after just 11 pro fights, and look how much success he had.
        Last edited by SN!PER; 01-21-2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

the best american HW is eddie chambers.
          he's really a CW

yeah, it's that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            he's really a CW

yeah, it's that bad.
            Can't understand why Chambers is so overrated here. His signature wins were over a one dimentional heartless east European robot (Dimitrenko) and past prime Sam Peter & Cal Brock. He fought bravely against Klitschko but was out worked by Povetkin. That's his career in a nutshell.

Also, I'll bet any amount of points with good odds that Lebedev beats him as well. Chambers has good talent but he's never honed it

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Can't understand why Chambers is so overrated here. His two signature wins were over a one dimentional heartless east European robot (Dimitrenko) and past prime Sam Peter & Cal Brock. He fought bravely against Klitschko but was out worked by Povetkin. That's his career in a nutshell.

Also, I'll bet any amount of points with good odds that Lebedev beats him as well. Chambers has good talent but he's never honed it

it's not that i neccessarily think chambers to be a very good HW, but rather that the division is very poor.

the only other man to possibly be considered the best HW in the states is arreola. it's not banks, wilder, or mitchell, as it's been proposed in this thread. chambers has a better resume than those guys. better than arreola, too.

i don't care for lebedev in the least, but i'd be confident with chamber's chances. it's not a fight i care about.

Comment

he's really a CW

yeah, it's that bad.
                I agree that at the present time... he is.
                Shoot, he pretty much beat Adamek is one hand

Comment

it's not that i neccessarily think chambers to be a very good HW, but rather that the division is very poor.

the only other man to possibly be considered the best HW in the states is arreola. it's not banks, wilder, or mitchell, as it's been proposed in this thread. chambers has a better resume than those guys. better than arreola, too.

i don't care for lebedev in the least, but i'd be confident with chamber's chances. it's not a fight i care about.
                  Wilder would beat Chambers. Wladimir scored a shut out against Chambers, and if Wilder could impersonate Wladimir with even 60% success he would win enough rounds to win.

Chambers is very talented but he belongs at cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    Dude, he's regressing.

How does fighting bums and blowing them away in a few rounds improve his technique, stamina, footwork?
                    Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Sadly agree. Wilder's opponent Matt Greer was grossly out of shape, offered little resistance and threw about 15 punches in the two rounds that the fight lasted. A fight like this reinforces Wilder's bad habits, like leaving his hands low and throwing a lazy jab....

Fighting bums probably doesn't help him improve but maybe you can explain how getting knocked out inside of 2 rounds by Mitchell or Banks would help his career progression?

Wilder isn't even close to being ready for Top-15 Heavyweights. Period. His team knows it too so if you are expecting him to fight a Mitchell, Banks or Jennings in his next fight you can dream on.

Comment

Would be a good fight but I don't see it.

Mitchell is a hypejob and everyone knows it. GB will try to get him a title shot with as few challenges as possible.

As for Wilder, what can you say? All the tools to be the next champion, but he is being grossly mismanaged. He needs to be getting rounds in against the iron chinned workmen in the division; guys like Friday Ahunanya and Manuel Quezada. Fighters what wont go down on the first big right-hand.

I'm guessing his handlers are moving him as slowly as possible to wait until Vitali is gone and Wlad is either retired or way past it to start making noise and seeking a title shot. Its a shame, because Teddy called Wilder's team out for not getting him the right experience on FNF years ago, and he still hasn't done much. Even if they don't want him ranked in the top ten yet, he needs to be using this time to gain experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X