Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    "george foreman was not a power puncher."

- spartacus sully.

i can't remember his reasoning, but it was quite funny to watch him try and make his case.

it ended with him leaving the website. honest to god. the guy has not posted since.
    Spartacus Sully? Who is this Trumpet!? George Foreman was THE Power Puncher!

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      "george foreman was not a power puncher."

- spartacus sully.

i can't remember his reasoning, but it was quite funny to watch him try and make his case.

it ended with him leaving the website. honest to god. the guy has not posted since.
      Sully was a certifiable fruit loop. Complete nut job.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Sully was a certifiable fruit loop. Complete nut job.
        Gotta give him some sort of credit for that mustache though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          Ricardo Lopez is ridiculously overrated and the greatest thing about him was ability to always be equally concentrated and focused for every C level opponent he was fighting.

I do agree he is overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Wow is all I can say. Maybe the 'Mayweather actually got hit twice in that round therfore he lost it' factor got to people thinking that it was a close fight, a draw...

Everyone is so used to him hardly getting hit at all that what would be a dominant, easy fight for someone else (ie Trout) becomes a life and death fight for Mayweather because Cotto landed some jabs that bloodied his nose. It's incredible.

But a Cotto win by two points......That's not unpopular. That's just plain absurd. There isn't any way possible that he got remotely close to winning 7 rounds.

Which 7 rounds did you give Cotto?

You have to put that one up.
            You have guys like Raskat that not only think Cotto won but think it was a robbery The guy was literally in shock that he was the only one who thought it was a robbery.

I apparently only think it wasn't a robbery because I'm American (I'm not American)

The Mayweather-Cotto fight wasn't close at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              If u want my take on it its my first ever video on YT.
              Trout was a far clearer winner in my eyes over Cotto
              I think Trout did beat Cotto more clearly but nevertheless I think Floyd won pretty clearly as well. 8-4 is the fairest scorecard in my opinion, and I think if you're being generous you maybe could make an argument for 7-5. But that is being generous to Cotto because he faded badly after the big effort he made in the 8th round.

Really interesting to see how different the two fighters were physically after the 8th. Cotto was physically spent, and Floyd suddenly looked like a new man. While Floyd is a model of energy conservation in the ring, the contrast from that point onwards is still pretty startling. It was downhill for Cotto after that and there was just no way he was going to win the fight.

I thought it was a great fight though, and it was the fight I rewatched the most last year. Not since Castillo has anyway been anywhere near as effective as Cotto was against Mayweather. And yet, it was fascinating to see how Floyd still came out on top despite Cotto doing so much right. A fight that enhanced both guys in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                Ricardo Lopez is ridiculously overrated and the greatest thing about him was ability to always be equally concentrated and focused for every C level opponent he was fighting.
                Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I do agree he is overrated.
                Casual fans don't even know who he is, and he's overrated?

He's criminally underrated and would give Jimmy Wilde a run for his money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post

He'd probably **** Wilde up big time styley.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post

Well, I'm not talking about overrated amongst casual fans.

I'm talking about how's he's overrated amongst actual Boxing fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                      Gotta give him some sort of credit for that mustache though.
                      redemption....

Comment

Working...
                      X