Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendrick Perkins traded for Jeff Green?!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the ****.

Comment

funny how everything works

the Celtics drafted Jeff Green only to send him to Seattle for Ray Allen

Comment

Originally posted by gatagata View Post
        fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, Krstic is NOTHING like Perkins, he's basically the opposite of him. I think he might have a mid range jumper in his arsenal but that's it. Perkins was a tough, physical center, Nenad is faaaar from that. Nenad doesn't block shots either, he gets abused by EVERYBODY, he's tall but doesn't play like it, he's one of the worst defensive C's in the NBA. I'd honestly take Erden over Krstic.

The ONLY other C's like Perkins in the NBA as far as defense goes are Noah, Bynum, Howard, Chandler, and Duncan. It's very rare to have a center like Perkins. I have no idea what the Celts were thinking.

I had the Celts coming out of the East, but with this trade the Bulls have the East on LOCK. That stacked front line of the Celt's is the only thing that separated them from the other teams in the NBA and now it's gone. Boozer and Noah are gonna tear that front line up, and then you have their penetrating guards such as Rose which are going to abuse that lack of interior defense with Krstic in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          its the only downside from the Laker perspective...they also added another big in Nazr Mohammed

lol, you better hope LA doesn't play the Thunder. They're legit title contenders with their two new C's and will probably beat LA in a 7 game series, I'd bet money on it.

Comment

"Ummm, ya'll know I can't play more than 20 minutes a game right?"

Comment

I hope Sheed is coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post
                I hope Sheed is coming back.
                I could have sworn that I read he was quoted saying he wanted to come back and play in Boston.. That was like a few months ago..

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit ♠ View Post
                  I could have sworn that I read he was quoted saying he wanted to come back and play in Boston.. That was like a few months ago..
                  Maybe they already know he's coming back, that's why they made the trade.

Danny Ainge better have something in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    lol, you better hope LA doesn't play the Thunder. They're legit title contenders with their two new C's and will probably beat LA in a 7 game series, I'd bet money on it.

i'm not really worried...Perkins has proven to be solid playing alongside Garnett...it'll be a different in OKC

Comment

This is a great move for the Celts. A great move.

Perkins is strong, tough, and solid defensively, but is very slow, uncoordinated, lacks athleticism, and was a liability on offense.

For some reason people have been fooled to believe that he was an important piece of the puzzle, when he isn't.

Celtics are what? Close to last in rebounding in the league?

Opposing Centers and Forwards would just jump in front of him and take defensive rebounds away from him easy.

If we're going to be 29th last in the league in rebounding, we might as well get a young, athletic, scorer on the team. Jeff Green is a great backup for the aging Pierce and Garnett to get their rest in until the playoffs and for them to save their energy for the second half. Shaq and Rasheed are better value if they can stay out of foul trouble.

Perkins is becoming a free agent and rejected the extension a few days ago anyway. Another great move by Ainge

Comment

Working...
                      X