Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you take Floyd seriously anymore if he fights Matthew Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you take Floyd seriously anymore if he fights Matthew Hatton?

I have always respected Floyd's in ring abilities. And while I think the Olympic style blood tests are going a little too far since Nevade state or WBO doesn't require it, Pac and especially Arum are equally guilty if not more for not meeting halfway to an agreement.

But my question is can anyone take Floyd seriously anymore if he fights Matthew Hatton? Floyd has faced questionable opposition before, but it wasn't too hard to make cases as to why he fought guys like Baldomir, Marquez, etc. Baldomir was the lineal champ and Marquez is a big name, and #2 on the p4p list so you know the money was there. But Matthew freaking Hatton?

Floyd always said he fights for paychecks, not legacy. We know beating Hatton (even a 1st round ko) won't add to his legacy, but he supposedly doesn't care about legacy anyways. He does care about money, but how much will he get fighting M. Hatton as oppose to an elite boxer people actually know or care about. I didn't even know Ricky had a brother till a year and a half ago. Floyd might as well fight Bobby Pacquiao or Cotto's brother.

I know the the fight isn't official, but how can Floyd fans justify this if it happens. Everyone wants Pac vs. Mayweather, but at least Pac is fighting a top Welterweight in Clottey. Since the megafight won't be made, Floyd should at least give us a decent consolation price like Pac vs. Clottey. We all know the blood test situation, but that's no excuse for Floyd to fight a D-level fighter and actually try and sell us that bull****. Fans can blame Pac all they want for not agreeing to the drug tests, but you can't blame Pac or anyone else if Floyd actually goes through with this joke of a fight.
    Last edited by blaze778; 01-09-2010, 11:12 PM.

Mayweather is ranked #2 welterweight, while Mathew hatton is ranked #40 welterweight, by boxrec. #40 welterweight? Come on, this is ridiculous.

Comment

If this fight isnt made on PPV, then I'm cool with him fighting this unknown Hatton. But if this fight is on PPV, then **** you PBF, you lost will lose respect from everyone in the boxing world except your sperm/fans of course.

Comment

Hell yes!!! Skills pay the bills, bitches!!! He'll knock out anyone in his way.

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
          Mayweather is ranked #2 welterweight, while Mathew hatton is ranked #40 welterweight, by boxrec. #40 welterweight? Come on, this is ridiculous.
          your wrong. Remove the 0 since Floyd has it. Mathew Hatton is rank no. 4. not 40.

Comment

bu bu but Mayweather is dominating the welterweight division.

Comment

If floyd is #2 who's #1??The best welterweight on the planet earth is Mosley,Pacman should be #2,so how does floyd wiggle his way up there??

Comment

by the way
                Joshua Clottey is rank 7 / 1445
                Mathew Hatton is rank 40 / 1445

So is rank 40 greater than 7?

Comment

Its a tune up fight again folks..

Comment

Originally posted by rao007 View Post
                    Hell yes!!! Skills pay the bills, bitches!!! He'll knock out anyone in his way.
                    I agree, skills pay the bills, but Floyd can get a way fatter check fighting someone the boxing world cares about like Williams, Mosley/Berto, or the young guys from either 140 or 154.

Comment

Working...
                    X