No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Wow...this fight equals a mismatch of epic proportions.

I think Broner, as much as I dislike the dude would beat the brakes off of Gamboa. Gamboa last fought at 126, has been inactive and has always been a bit chinny, against less than quality opponents.

While he's faster than Broner, it isn't by much and I don't see a huge gap in talent either. I think Gamboa is only slightly more talented, but barely. Frankly, Broner's size and reach advantage, coupled with his talent should be more than enough for a guy moving up two or more divisions. Manny Pacquiao, Gamboa is not. They both have fought cupcakes mostly, and Broner and Gamboa have about equal in quality win(s) (DeMarco and Siri). This supposed shut-out just makes no sense. Guys, please stop, you're killing me

Discuss
    Gamboa is easy work for Broner
    39.83%
    Broner is easy work for Gamboa
    33.90%
    I'm undecided, so pass the Juju beans
    11.86%
    I want to have babies with Lindsay Lohan
    14.41%

Gamboa beats Broner. It's not easy work though, no matter who you see winning.

Size is a good thing to have as an advantage and Broner does. However, being more skilled, faster, far more experienced and simply a better fighter is what Gamboa has in his favour. Even moving up, I'd also be confident in saying Gamboa hits harder.

Gamboa being 'chinny' isn't really anything, he was often knocked off balance because of his reckless nature, not hurt. That reckless style has been balanced out with patience and smarts over the last few years.

Comment

Pointless fight to even talk about really. Hes 2 divisions under Broner.

Comment

Hahaha these Broner threads are killing me....

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Gamboa beats Broner.

Size is a good thing to have as an advantage and Broner does. However, being more skilled, faster, far more experienced and simply a better fighter is what Gamboa has in his favour. Even moving up, I'd also be confident in saying Gamboa hits harder.

Gamboa being 'chinny' isn't really anything, he was often knocked off balance because of his reckless nature, not hurt. That reckless style has been balanced out with patience and smarts over the last few years.
          On the experience matter, from a pro's standpoint, they're both close to it. Ams is good, but this is the real thing. I think Gamboa has those qualities (skills, speed) but by a hair, the gap isn't that wide.

And at the end of the day, Gamboa's recklessness is always going to be there. If he can be knocked down by lesser fighters, with lesser power and speed, imagine if Broner lays it on him. Plus (and this goes for Broner too) Gamboa never fought someone of Broner's caliber and size. For Broner, I think he's fast enough to time Gamboa with jabs and hooks to the body.

I just can't envision any scenario where Gamboa A). stays on his feet and B). Win

And trust, I'd love nothing more than to see Broner humbled, I just don't think Gamboa is the one to do it. If I'm GBP, I'm salivating at the idea of this fight

Comment

WTF how you comparing Salido to DeMarco? Have you seen Salido's resume compared to DeMarco's? DeMarco's best win was Linares. And best opponent was Valero...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I think Gamboa is better, but he has been gone so long and Broner has moved up so much, I don't know how he'd translate to that weight.

Comment

Id love to see this fight,be like the lower weight Manny-Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  On the experience matter, from a pro's standpoint, they're both close to it. Ams is good, but this is the real thing. I think Gamboa has those qualities (skills, speed) but by a hair, the gap isn't that wide.

And at the end of the day, Gamboa's recklessness is always going to be there. If he can be knocked down by lesser fighters, with lesser power and speed, imagine if Broner lays it on him. Plus (and this goes for Broner too) Gamboa never fought someone of Broner's caliber and size. For Broner, I think he's fast enough to time Gamboa with jabs and hooks to the body.

I just can't envision any scenario where Gamboa A). stays on his feet and B). Win

And trust, I'd love nothing more than to see Broner humbled, I just don't think Gamboa is the one to do it. If I'm GBP, I'm salivating at the idea of this fight
                  The speed gap is huge in m eyes. Broner has good hand speed (not Gamboa level though), but the difference in footspeed is major. It's easy to walk down smaller guys like has been doing when they aren't very fast and also aren't very good. I think he'd have a torrid time with Gamboa's footspeed, then when you do get close you actually have to worry about a more skilled opponent with blinding speed, great technique and very good power.

Gamboa's real reckless style hasn't been on display in 3 years. Since he began to balance it out he has been systematic and dominant. Be it beating down Salido, utterly tearing through Solis or easily outboxing Ponce, he's been even better than before. I would love this fight, it would be the one that shows people Gamboa isn't just very good, he's one of the few great fghters in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    Id love to see this fight,be like the lower weight Manny-Floyd
                    With the same outcome, a 12 round clinic

Originally posted by jsfd26
                    WTF how you comparing Salido to DeMarco? Have you seen Salido's resume compared to DeMarco's? DeMarco's best win was Linares. And best opponent was Valero...
                    And I meant that they each have one quality win. Gamboa has Siri and Broner has DeMarco. The point being, neither of them have a string of strong and quality opponents to definitively say one is better than the other

Comment

Working...
                    X