Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rate higher - Mayweather or Thomas Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you rate higher - Mayweather or Thomas Hearns?

Hearns has beaten :

- Virgil Hill, Duran, Cuevas, Shields, Benitez, Roidan, and Kinchen -

Lost to Barkley twice and lost to Leonard and Hagler (no shame in that)

Mayweather has beaten :

- Delahoya, Mosley, Hatton, Corrales, Canelo, Cotto, Castillo, Marquez -

Thoughts?
    Mayweather
    21.36%
    Hearns
    78.64%

I think Mayweather is the more dominant party here and I rate him higher. He would impose his style & will on Hearns if they were to fight.

But that deadly right hand would be some sight if he landed flush on Mayweather.

I know this wasn't a fantasy fight, but I turned it into one.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      I think Mayweather is the more dominant party here and I rate him higher. He would impose his style & will on Hearns if they were to fight.

But that deadly right hand would be some sight if he landed flush on Mayweather.

I know this wasn't a fantasy fight, but I turned it into one.
      That's fair. I'm talking in terms of achievements obviously here

Comment

Don't know much about Hearns resume but I've seen him fight. With his given style and height and power, I think there's a high possibility of him KOing Mayweather. For that reason I might rate Hearn higher.
        Mayweather accomplished so much. He still fought Cotto and Shane Mosley at the end of the day however he's lacking the Pacquiao win. If he had that win, I'd definitely rate him higher than Hearns.

Comment

Resume, tough one.

H2H, Hearns. The man out boxed Benitez with only his left hand from round 8 and on.

Comment

One resume and accomplishments I'd have to say Floyd. But head to head Hearns has the style and ability to beat Floyd. But his legs were always shaky and he lost most of his biggest fights. KO'd in his only two super fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              One resume and accomplishments I'd have to say Floyd. But head to head Hearns has the style and ability to beat Floyd. But his legs were always shaky and he lost most of his biggest fights. KO'd in his only two super fights.
              It is kind of unfair to be comparing a guy who was prime at lightweight vs a guy who was prime at junior middle in a h2h fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BHopp View Post
                It is kind of unfair to be comparing a guy who was prime at lightweight vs a guy who was prime at junior middle in a h2h fight.
                A fair point

Comment

Duran and Benitez trump all over Mayweather's resume. Head to head Hearns KOs Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                    Duran and Benitez trump all over Mayweather's resume. Head to head Hearns KOs Mayweather.
                    No, Duran at 154 was too inconsistent. I'd probably take Mayweather to actually beat him at 154.

Comment

Working...
                    X