No announcement yet.

I Have RoyJones Jnr/Tyson/Ebanks/Hattons Training Routines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have RoyJones Jnr/Tyson/Ebanks/Hattons Training Routines

I got This From Another site and thought it would be a good post.

Mike Tyson

(as of March 1987)

Monday to Friday:
    Go for a 3 mile run in the morning.
    Do mid-day ring-work (10 rounds of sparring).
    Do evening ring-work (focus mitts and/or heavy bag).
    Warm-up for all ring-work with shadow boxing.
    Following mid-day ring-work - work on the slip bags and/or speed bags.
    Following evening ring-work - do circuits of bodyweight exercises (sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, dips) followed by 10 mins of neck work on the floor and 10 mins of skipping.
    (apparently every six months the size of the heavy bag was increased and the size of the speed bag was decreased).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Eubank

7 days a week:
    Go for a 6-8 mile run in the morning.
    In his own words (below)..
    First I started my stretching, then
    3 rounds of shadow boxing,
    6 rounds of heavy bag work,
    3 rounds of speed ball,
    Skipping between 20 to 30 minutes non-stop, no break straight through.
    50 sit-ups, not crunches proper sit-ups.
    Stretching.
    Finish with 20 hits in the stomach with a medicine ball.

That was generally the routine.
    If I was sparring it was the same routine but without the bag work.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roy Jones

(as of July 1996)

Q: "How many miles a day do you run?"

Jones: "Actually, now that I've gotten a little older, I can't run as much as I used to. My knees are a little bad. But I run an average of about 5 miles a day once I get ready to get in shape. I used to run an average of about 8 miles a day. Yeah, I used to love to run."

Q: "What is your training routine and diet?"

Jones: "I like to play abit of basketball, but apart from that. . . When I'm not training for a fight, I'll go 3 days a week and practice my punches on the heavy bags and speed bags and things -- followed by weights, and I'll run an average of about 10 miles every other weekend. Then when training up for a fight, I'll alternate each day between sparring and weights, training 5 days a week. By that time, I'll be running like 5 miles a day. Really I just eat breakfast, lunch and dinner each day, with some snacks or protein shakes inbetween. You know, I used to eat McDonald's all the time, but then I told myself 'you gotta eat good if you wanna be the champ'.

Q: "Have you ever starved yourself to make weights?

Jones: "That's stupid because it kills your skills, sorry Mr Toney! I just eat stricter in the weeks leading up to a fight, like cutting little things out in my meals and things, you know. Then cut out snacks in the last week. Instead of doing, let's say, 200 sit - ups with 20 lbs weight, I'll do 2000 sit - ups. I might do 20 press - ups between each round when I'm sparring, if I need more weight off."

Q: "How much weight do you lose before a fight?"

Jones: "Now, I only lose about 6 pounds, and I do that very intelligently. The highest I get is about 180. I come all the way down to 168, so I get just below 175 within the first four weeks, then the last week, I getdown to 168.

Ricky Hatton

I train hard Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the gym for about thee hours, either with sparring partners or on the body bag with Billy. I then do weight-training sessions after each workout with my nutritionist Kerry Kayes on Tuesday and Thursday and then tactics, again with Billy for about three hours. I also go for a run in the evening, every day, say for about five or six miles.

i actually have the book... famous boxers and there training routines... from muhammad ali to ray leonard to roy jones... TONS of fighters..

Comment

/

cool, well i dont so i thort it just post that for people that don aswell,
      could yuo post some routines up? whats the book called

Comment

when i go home ill check the title

Comment

whats the title of that book, bro?

Comment

I came across a site from a guy who called himself Dr Squat. He did a detailed break out of a supposed routine he used to train Holyfield before one of his fights with Tyson. It was ridiculously long and annoyingly detailed with completely abstract stuff. I'll post the link if I can find it but it made me leary of trusting stuff found on the net because so little of it sounded like anything more than just a bunch of words to get some press.

So long story short...if you have the name of the book that would be awesome lol

Comment

Originally posted by JC Warrior View Post
              I came across a site from a guy who called himself Dr Squat. He did a detailed break out of a supposed routine he used to train Holyfield before one of his fights with Tyson. It was ridiculously long and annoyingly detailed with completely abstract stuff. I'll post the link if I can find it but it made me leary of trusting stuff found on the net because so little of it sounded like anything more than just a bunch of words to get some press.

So long story short...if you have the name of the book that would be awesome lol
              Dr. Squat is also known as Fred Hatfield, and he did indeed train Holyfield.

Comment

I have the book too, but I don't see ray leonard in it. You sure?

Comment

http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

That's the link. I'm still not sold on it but for sure it would get someone in terrific condition if they could devote the time to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X