Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last I saw was 4-1 odds.

Does anyone know the time for the weigh-ins? I'm guessing it'll be live on the top rank live tv stream.

Comment

• The signs have been there for two years now. Pacquiao has much more to prove in this fight to me than Bradley does. It's not really an excuse for Pacquiao to say he's showing signs of decline, it's a fact. It happens to every fighter.

However, past prime Pacquiao is still one of the best fighters in the world, top 3 IMO, and Bradley will have to fight better than he ever has to win. I wish people acknowledged that Pacquiao is both declined and still a great fighter, rather than say it's just an excuse if he loses. It doesn't take away from a Bradley win at all to say Pacquiao isn't his best anymore, just like it doesn't make Bradley a bum if he gets smashed.

Come on people, I know 90% of this site refuses to be objective involving Pacquiao, but for once look at it objectively.

Comment

• Official prediction: Bradley by decision. I know it's unlikely he gets the decision, but I'll go with it.

If I was guaranteed that Manny Pacquiao from 2008 or 2009 was walking into that ring, I'd pick him without any reservation, and I wouldn't care how ready for this fight Bradley was. However, I am of the belief that 2008-09 Pacquiao is gone forever. His time is past, he is still a great fighter but I don't think he has the focus or willpower to put in the work needed to fight like he is still capable of.

I expect a slow start. Both will want to box, Pacquiao looking for the big shot and Bradley avoiding it. By the middle of the fight, it will pick up and Bradley will face his most dangerous moments. Bradley will open up on offense more and Pacquiao will still be extremely dangerous. If the fight does not go 12, the middle rounds are where it will end. By the championship rounds, Bradley will have something figured out and Pacquiao will fall into his usual routine of looking for the straight left. Bradley will still have to be very careful, because Pacquiao always comes on very strong at the end of fights, especially when close. However, I think Bradley will come on just as strong, and the body work he will have focused on throughout the fight will pay off.

Key weapon for Bradley: The right hand. For all the talk about Bradley's wide and slow punches, his right hand is quick, sneaky, and deceptively powerful. It's also the punch that Pacquiao has shown himself to be most vulnerable to. The body work will also be important.

I admit I'm a Bradley fan, and my prediction involves as much confidence in Tim doing something he hasn't done than confidence in something he has shown me before, but I think he is extremely ready for this fight, and will be better than he ever has been. He will win 8 rounds, and get a decision by a point or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Official prediction: Bradley by decision. I know it's unlikely he gets the decision, but I'll go with it.

If I was guaranteed that Manny Pacquiao from 2008 or 2009 was walking into that ring, I'd pick him without any reservation, and I wouldn't care how ready for this fight Bradley was. However, I am of the belief that 2008-09 Pacquiao is gone forever. His time is past, he is still a great fighter but I don't think he has the focus or willpower to put in the work needed to fight like he is still capable of.

I expect a slow start. Both will want to box, Pacquiao looking for the big shot and Bradley avoiding it. By the middle of the fight, it will pick up and Bradley will face his most dangerous moments. Bradley will open up on offense more and Pacquiao will still be extremely dangerous. If the fight does not go 12, the middle rounds are where it will end. By the championship rounds, Bradley will have something figured out and Pacquiao will fall into his usual routine of looking for the straight left. Bradley will still have to be very careful, because Pacquiao always comes on very strong at the end of fights, especially when close. However, I think Bradley will come on just as strong, and the body work he will have focused on throughout the fight will pay off.

Key weapon for Bradley: The right hand. For all the talk about Bradley's wide and slow punches, his right hand is quick, sneaky, and deceptively powerful. It's also the punch that Pacquiao has shown himself to be most vulnerable to. The body work will also be important.

I admit I'm a Bradley fan, and my prediction involves as much confidence in Tim doing something he hasn't done than confidence in something he has shown me before, but I think he is extremely ready for this fight, and will be better than he ever has been. He will win 8 rounds, and get a decision by a point or two.
          Good assessment. 3 bil to your 3 bil? I got pac

Comment

• Video: Pacquiao stops playing basketball to stop cramps issue

He use to play basketball 3 or 4 times a week. Not good while in a training camp.

Comment

• Everyones got an opinion on how good bradley is or isnt but youd be hard pressed to convince anyone Bradley wasnt the hardest choice or best choice of opponent available to Pac, other than Floyd, and Pac took it.
              No ducking, no messing about.

Please to all the people predicting Bradley to win, dont make excuses if Bradley loses. And if Pac wins, give Pac the credit you know he deserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Everyones got an opinion on how good bradley is or isnt but youd be hard pressed to convince anyone Bradley wasnt the hardest choice or best choice of opponent available to Pac, other than Floyd, and Pac took it.
                No ducking, no messing about.

Please to all the people predicting Bradley to win, dont make excuses if Bradley loses. And if Pac wins, give Pac the credit you know he deserves.
                Martinez and Berto were available when the fight was made. They, along with floyd, were all better choices for this fight than Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  Martinez and Berto were available when the fight was made. They, along with floyd, were all better choices for this fight than Bradley.
                  How do you figure that out? The guys unbeaten hasnt been beaten for god knows how many years. Might not be able to be beat for all we know. Floyd was boasting Genaro hernandez hadnt lost in 4 years or something and thinking thats special.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    How do you figure that out? The guys unbeaten hasnt been beaten for god knows how many years. Might not be able to be beat for all we know. Floyd was boasting Genaro hernandez hadnt lost in 4 years or something and thinking thats special.
                    The best available fights for manny at the time were floyd, martinez, berto and then Tim. Tim s the JWW champ moving up after beating Casamayor. Lets not make this SRL/DUran.

JMM4 or another ww champ were options equally good but I'd prefer Tim over those options. Manny didn't take any of the best options but that doesn't mean the Tim fight is a bad one.

Comment

• Pac wasn't going to fight Martinez, Floyd isn't going to fight Pac, Pac wan't going to fight Cotto at 154.......Tim stepped up the the plate and in weight to make it happen. Berto already got beat and tested positive for roids.

Comment

Working...
                      X