Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Marley's Full Proof Plan To Making May -vs- Pacq :: What do you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    There is no way Mayweather will fight in February and May.

Unless he has a ****ty stay busy fight in February then a big one in May.
    I sometimes shake my head at how the guys back in the day like Sugar Ray Robinson fought multiple times a month. Hell, Robinson fought LaMotta in two fights three weeks apart from each other.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
      This is what I found off about Ellerbe's statement that Floyd was coming back on May 5th. He send out the statement about Floyd fighting on May 5th at the MGM Grand to the media outlets. Floyd then said on the radio about May 5th, that he wants to fight in February and that the May statement was "Wrong, once again." Do Floyd and Ellerbe have some miscommunication?
      Fool that aint true...Floyd said, He has may 5th reserved, but since he wants to be active, he is STILL thinking about february cuz February is closer....The person who got that radio interview, chopped it up and edited out all of the key parts...Go to fighthype, and see what Floyd had to say about it

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
        Then going by your 'business' perspective, Arum would be happily content with Manny never fighting Pac unless he's 100% sure that was Manny's last fight.

The only point I was making is that MP vs JMM IV makes sense from a business perspective. So does MP vs FM.

Any fight that can do over 1 million buys...let alone 1.5 million buys makes sense from a business perspective.

I state this because this is in response to those who claim a fourth fight is pointless......which couldn't be further from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
          I sometimes shake my head at how the guys back in the day like Sugar Ray Robinson fought multiple times a month. Hell, Robinson fought LaMotta in two fights three weeks apart from each other.
          You are 100% correct but they need enough time to promote fights. A few weeks I can't see cutting it. However, 3 months is close compared to how long it nornally takes but I think it should be good enough IMO.

Besides assuming Bob allows Pac to fight Mayweather, what promoting really needs to be done? Just say it's made and show proff and that is all you need.

If Floyd fights in Feb and Pac will be allowed to fight May 5th, I expect Floyd to be ready to fight by May 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            The only point I was making is that MP vs JMM IV makes sense from a business perspective. So does MP vs FM.

Any fight that can do over 1 million buys...let alone 1.5 million buys makes sense from a business perspective.

I state this because this is in response to those who claim a fourth fight is pointless......which couldn't be further from the truth.
            I think the people that feel this way are saying it's pointless because Pac won the fight and the Mayweather fight should happen next.

JMM IV can happen after and still make the same amount of money. It will always be there. If Pac looks worse or even worse, loses, there will be no Mayweather fight. Pac, win, lose or draw vs Mayweather will always have JMM IV.

I think that's why people feel it to be pointless at the moment.

Comment

Working...
            X