No announcement yet.

Did you know...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know...

Leonard-Hearns 1 in 1981 was on a Wednesday...and Leonard-Hagler in 1987 was on a Monday...

I wish this still happened sometimes for big fights. Having some legit boxing during the week would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      Leonard-Hearns 1 in 1981 was on a Wednesday...and Leonard-Hagler in 1987 was on a Monday...
      I'm pretty sure Tyson-Spinks was on a Monday night as well.

Comment

Nope.

Cool info, thanks.

Comment

why did all the big fights move over to Saturdays?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I'm pretty sure Tyson-Spinks was on a Monday night as well.
            I remember it being a weekday for sure...not to mention free as well.

Comment

Well I gotta say I'm glad boxing moved to Saturday nights. I love when a sport has a day. Football has Sundays and Monday nights. Wrestling has Monday's and also Sunday's for PPV. Boxing is Saturday, the best day of the week. Boxing also has Friday, although it's not as important.

Comment

holtfield buster douglas was monday or tuesday. i think morrison foreman too.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  I remember it being a weekday for sure...not to mention free as well.
                  Was this a free fight or closed circuit? I went and saw this fight at the Providence civic center. There was a card with Vinny Pazienza in the main event and than they showed Tyson-Spinks on the jumbotron.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                    Well I gotta say I'm glad boxing moved to Saturday nights. I love when a sport has a day. Football has Sundays and Monday nights. Wrestling has Monday's and also Sunday's for PPV. Boxing is Saturday, the best day of the week. Boxing also has Friday, although it's not as important.
                    I agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                    X