Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little birdie tells me that there is a 90% chance that Provodnikov-Rios happens.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    i love bam bam, but i don't see him beating provo. provo took everything lucas threw at him and didn't go anywhere. it will be awesome while it last
    I agree with this.

Comment

I've spoken to the same source since and it seems that both fighters are mulling over other options and this fight might not be "next". Apologies for getting everyone's hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        that is true but i think their budget re ups in like november
        We'll see, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          I've spoken to the same source since and it seems that both fighters are mulling over other options and this fight might not be "next". Apologies for getting everyone's hopes up.
          I'm kinda glad. I'd like to see Provo fight Crawford. And I'd like to see Rios fight a name guy at 147. But not Bradley **** that. I wanna see Bradley fight someone other then a latino. Preferably Kell Brook or someone under Haymons banner

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            forget hbo if showtime was smart they would pick up this fight.provo vs rios is huge showtime needs a big fight like this they have had a terrible year.
            Showtime doesn't need Rios-Provodnikov (if they had to get that fight, to lock in a more exclusive deal with Banner Promotions- Provo/Andrade/Algieri/etc), so why even bother with that fight, especially at the price that Top Rank is likely to require (Rios didn't go to the UK for the Brook fight because of the rematch clause and the purse, and Hearn has stated that the Rios offer was seven figures.

Showtime has massively expanded the ShoBox portfolio (in addition to CBS also airing 5 "championship boxing" level cards so far this year), and Showtime Championship Boxing still delivers a decent number of fight cards as well.

Why would Showtime ever shell out $2m for a fight card that gives them no ties to either fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
              I'm kinda glad. I'd like to see Provo fight Crawford. And I'd like to see Rios fight a name guy at 147. But not Bradley **** that. I wanna see Bradley fight someone other then a latino. Preferably Kell Brook or someone under Haymons banner
              Will probably add a few years to their careers too

Comment

Working...
              X